cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won't stop sending me invoices

I won an auction on Sunday. And every now the seller is sending me invoice after invoice for my order. How can I get the seller to stop sending me nonstop invoices constantly?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You can pay for the order or let the seller know when you're planning on paying.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Is there some reason you haven't paid for the order yet?  Did you communicate this to the seller?

Any auctions I list, when they end the buyer has 4 days to pay.  After that, its auto canceled.  I usually send one invoice ~24 hours after the listing ended, and then one more when there is less than a day to go.  If I hear nothing from the seller, the order is canceled automatically by ebay after 4 days and they get a non-payment strike on their account.

That all said, if they are sending you invoices more often than once a day, then they are being needlessly overkill, unless their invoicing system is automated and its messing up.  But still.  Why drag your feet on paying for an item you bid on and won?  That sounds kinda bad buyer vibe to me.  I never bid on something if I can't pay for it right away, or would at least let the seller know when I would pay if I couldn't at that moment.  But to date, I have never done that.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It could be that he is used the iPhone app and is clicking on the item to see if it was paid, which defaults a check on “send invoice”. He could be sending it redundantly without actually meaning to. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

How can you get the seller to stop sending you invoices? Paying for the item you bought might help in this case. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

How can I get the seller to stop sending me nonstop invoices constantly?

@zoda99 

By paying for the item you won. 🙄

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sounds like the seller is new and does not understand the allowed time to pay and that eBay sends more than enough invoices already or is new and desperate for the money, and if that is the case, they will not be seeing payment for up to 30 days anyway. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Just pay for the item....

eBay also will send you invoices as well.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ignore the repeated invoices and pay when you planned on paying as long as it is within the eBay prescribed time frame.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

it could be that both the seller and eBay are sending you invoices and the seller doesn't know this occurs and doesn't know how to stop eBay from sending invoices.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Actually, I think the seller sending an invoice 'resets' the 96 hour clock to pay. So it's really not in their interest to keep sending them (if they are indeed doing it deliberately).

On the other hand, I can't fathom why someone would  not just pay as soon as they win the auction. Why wait? The item won't get shipped until it's paid for. Actually, eBay doesn't even let the seller know the full shipping address until the item is paid for.  If money is that tight, eBay is not a good place to be. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply