cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller selling fake gemstones

So I purchased crystal quartz beads for a necklace I was making and selling on Amazon regularly. Amazon recently suspended the listing because upon testing one of the stones they found it to be made of glass and not real crystal quartz. I bought these beads from a seller on ebay who totally misrepresented them as genunie and did not disclose that they were fake. A few months has now passed and I no longer can submit a complaint. I think ebay should take action against this seller and have no way to contact ebay directly about this problem. I have tried and their help system will not allow me to report this as the last purchase was made in January. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Quartz is just barely a gemstone but I get what you are saying.  Did YOU test them before using them?  Did you by chance buy them from China? I smelted a bunch of "silver" jewelry ALL marked 925 and all from China this weekend in metal class and you would be horrified at all the gunk - about 70% - that WASNT SILVER.  So now we have an "ingot" that looks like C3PO barfed into an ice cube tray!!  Always know what you are selling even if that means you doublecheck and verify what you buy from others.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Oh! Also, it doesnt hurt if you honestly disclose that they are just glass but you have to know that before you can honestly disclose it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply