cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refusing to send an item as they don't have the fund in their account

Hey all,

Have an issue where the seller is refusing to ship the item I bought because they can't see the funds in their PayPal account or on eBay. PayPal wasn't used for payment, so they won't see it at all but apparently they're experienced and won't listen to me. They are also not sending it till the funds are cleared. 

Is there anything I can do to prove that I've paid for the item already?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@shdw_assassin,

"Have an issue where the seller is refusing to ship the item I bought because they can't see the funds in their PayPal account or on eBay...  apparently they're experienced and won't listen to me".

Did you check your seller's feedback profile page, before buying from them, if not then do that now, by opening the link to your item in your purchase history.  On that page scroll down to where you see the seller's username in a large font, below that are a couple of feedback comments, and below them is an oval with See all feedback in it, click on that.

On the page that opens click on the As a seller tab. What you want to look for is to see if the seller has any feedback for selling at all or in the last year. If their last feedback was posted over a year ago, there is a 21 day hold on their payments that they probably did not know about it.  eBay places that hold on a new or returning sellers first few payments.  That is just one reason why you should check the feedback profile page of any seller you intend to buy from.  A seller can have a fair number of feedback, and a 100% rating, but all for buying at least in the last year.

If you find that they have not sold before or in over a year try messaging them again and tell if they have not shipped because on their sold item page, your payment status is marked as Pending.  tell them to do a google search for "Payments on hold - ebay".  On the results page tell them to look for the address that has export.ebay....  in it.  That article has all of the information they need to complete the transaction by shipping your item, and when tracking has a delivered scan the funds will be released.  You cannot send links through ebay messages, but below is the link about  payment holds.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

If they haven't sold in over a year, they may not know that, Payments no longer are deposited into PayPal accounts by eBay. It will go into the bank account they had to register with ebay when they had to sign up with Managed Payments. Maybe they will listen to you after reading the Payment hold link.  Good luck

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@shdw_assassin,

"Have an issue where the seller is refusing to ship the item I bought because they can't see the funds in their PayPal account or on eBay...  apparently they're experienced and won't listen to me".

Did you check your seller's feedback profile page, before buying from them, if not then do that now, by opening the link to your item in your purchase history.  On that page scroll down to where you see the seller's username in a large font, below that are a couple of feedback comments, and below them is an oval with See all feedback in it, click on that.

On the page that opens click on the As a seller tab. What you want to look for is to see if the seller has any feedback for selling at all or in the last year. If their last feedback was posted over a year ago, there is a 21 day hold on their payments that they probably did not know about it.  eBay places that hold on a new or returning sellers first few payments.  That is just one reason why you should check the feedback profile page of any seller you intend to buy from.  A seller can have a fair number of feedback, and a 100% rating, but all for buying at least in the last year.

If you find that they have not sold before or in over a year try messaging them again and tell if they have not shipped because on their sold item page, your payment status is marked as Pending.  tell them to do a google search for "Payments on hold - ebay".  On the results page tell them to look for the address that has export.ebay....  in it.  That article has all of the information they need to complete the transaction by shipping your item, and when tracking has a delivered scan the funds will be released.  You cannot send links through ebay messages, but below is the link about  payment holds.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

If they haven't sold in over a year, they may not know that, Payments no longer are deposited into PayPal accounts by eBay. It will go into the bank account they had to register with ebay when they had to sign up with Managed Payments. Maybe they will listen to you after reading the Payment hold link.  Good luck

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you! I thought as much but I'm glad to hear that it's exactly how I thought it works. I'll send them the link and hopefully that can resolve the issue. Otherwise, I'll be attempting to cancel the order and we'll see what happens.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Probably best to ask them to cancel the transaction and buy it from someone else if possible. 

It just sounds like they don't know what they are doing. They will get a strike if they don't ship in their listed handling time. If they don't get how things work here they won't be on the site for long. 

You can just wait and once the item has not shown up you can file a case, but that gets into more back and forth. 

I buy all my postage with pending funds, doesn't matter if they are on hold or processed or anything, they should be able to do that too.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sellers don't get "strikes", they get "defects", but it's basically the same thing.

And how does opening a case get into more back and forth?  Buyer opens an INR case, waits 96 hours, returns to case and asks eBay to step in, is refunded from the seller's funds.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

About asking them to cancel---If the seller thinks payments still go into their PayPal account then they haven't  signed up for managed payments and attached a debit or credit card for seller fees, and they won't  be able to cancel and refund the payment until they do that. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@shdw_assassin,

You replied to my post, writing:

"Thank you! I thought as much but I'm glad to hear that it's exactly how I thought it works. I'll send them the link and hopefully that can resolve the issue. Otherwise, I'll be attempting to cancel the order and we'll see what happens".

First you cannot send links, even ones to ebay policies through ebay messages.  You have to tell them to do the search for Payments on hold - ebay.  On a Google results page usually the second result is the one with export.ebay.com in the address,  but you can't add .com to an ebay message either.  If they open the first result, some of the info in the export link is no longer on the first one.

As for cancelling, all you can do is request cancellation, and if they are inexperienced, as @fab_finds4u wrote, they may not think there are funds torefund.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply