cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not shipping or communicating after payment

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some advice about a frustrating situation. I won an auction and paid the seller immediately. It's been two weeks and the seller hasn't even created a shipping label.

To make matters worse, they haven't responded to any of my messages asking for an update on the shipment. I've sent four messages so far.

I'm usually an understanding buyer, and I know the standard protocol is to open a case within 30 days after the expected delivery date has passed, but the seller hasn't even purchased a label yet therefore I have no expected delivery date to go off of. 

What's the best way to handle this? Should I wait longer or take further action?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There is a delivery date on item sold...."Expected delivery is..."  it will be there. Doesn't matter if a label was not created.

After that date you can open a claim for item not received.

I am hoping you made a purchased with someone with feedback or seller made some sales in a month's time.

A first time seller or a seller who hasn't sold anything in 30+ days becomes like a new seller and seller's funds don't get released for 30+ days. That could be one reason seller has not shipped it out yet.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

A first time seller or a seller who hasn't sold anything in 30+ days becomes like a new seller and seller's funds don't get released for 30+ days. That could be one reason seller has not shipped it out yet.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hi @gcaciopp 

The Order Details in your Purchase History should show you the Estimated Delivery Date.  You can open an ‘Item not received’ claim from there on the day after the EDD has passed.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So a seller who hasn't sold anything in 6 months and item sold for $3000.00 there will be not hold on funds received?.....I kinda  go by experience as I am still selling and not by just the "rules of the road" of eBay.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

A very frustrating experience for sure. It does happen, and unfortunately your recourse IS to wait the obligatory clock to run out of the Estimated Delivery Date set by eBay ( which SHOULD be noted in your purchase/ order history and then file a claim within thirty days of that last EDD. 

there are many reasons why this could have happened, and it is possible the seller is experiencing a personal emergency or other which has taken them off of the online world and into the sphere of kinetic reality.

The best you can do is continue being patient ( as you have been) and know you have recourse in the end.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately it seems that they are a new seller. They have one item listed and one item sold, mine. I'm always skeptical of new sellers or sellers without feedback but the item and price where too good to let that stop me. Every seller has to start someplace. 

I was unaware that eBay holds funds under those circumstances but that's still not an excuse to ignore four messages after two weeks have passed.

The only date information I have is the purchase date.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

There is no estimated delivery date. The only date information I have is purchase date.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

There is no estimated delivery date. The only date information I have is purchase date. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It is under "shipping"....which is "Delivery" of the item....look at your items on auction and you will see that.

That is when you ask for a refund. Seller probably didn't expect waiting for funds. Did you check when seller joined eBay  and what country? It is under "eBay ID". Gives you more information.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I'm idiot, now I see what you mean. I have a few days left before it's past due. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. This is the first time I've experienced this -- I guess I'm used to quick shipping.

The seller joined in 2014 and located in the USA. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply