cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not responding

I recently bought an item on the 18th of September that was a weekend. I understand that most sellers do not ship on weekends. The payment did go through via PayPal and I left the seller messages.

However it's a Monday today and  the seller has not responded to any of my messages neither have I received feedback.

The item is supposed to be shipped from rego park NY to Brooklyn NY.

How should I go about to resolve this because the delivery date is on the 20th today.

No shipping information have been sent. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Seller not responding

eBay is not like that other company that starts with the letter A. No fleet of trucks delivering from some warehouse. We are sellers all over the world. The items have to be delivered to or pick up by the delivery service used; USPS, UPS or FedEx for example. Many sellers do not have a business, they operated out of their homes. As long as they ship in the amount of time shown in the listing (ship by date), there is no reason to contact them. One day shipping does not include weekends or holidays, nor if bought after regular business hours that the service used would be open for drop off.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Thanks exactly my point 👍🏻

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

This has been noted thanks 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Very helpful thank you 😁

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

1)  Sellers are not required to respond to buyer's communications under eBay's rules.  I believe that is primarily owing to their paranoia about people making off site deals.

2)  Today is only the 20th of September and since you only made the purchase on the 18th, a Saturday, this is the first business day after you made the purchase.  I believe that you are somewhat premature in your concern.  Thus there is no issue to resolve at this point in time.

3)  Feedback is voluntary on eBay so not leaving feedback is a non-issue.

Frankly, I believe that your impatience is a detriment to the longevity of your purchasing carrier here on eBay.  It is already showing on your bid retraction record.  

Please review the MBG.  If the item hasn't arrived by the final day of the estimated delivery period, you may file an INR dispute the following day.

By the way, your choice of an accepted solution has a flaw.  You cannot file an INR dispute case through eBay as your accepted solution advises.  I would be extremely cautious about selecting solutions from Sri Lankan members.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Possibly you don't care about this, but if you'll stop and listen carefully, you will hear the sound of your ID being added by some sellers to their very special lists.   

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Why are you telling the OP to upload photos? EBay has emphatically stated over and over they will not look at photos as those can be faked. It’s rather unfair to give the OP false hope.

FYI: eBay is notorious for overestimating  the speed with which the USPS can deliver. They seem oblivious to the fact that for a year and a half COVID has hit them pretty hard. If you absolutely need to have something immediately it’s best to buy locally.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@bearswatching wrote:

Why are you telling the OP to upload photos? EBay has emphatically stated over and over they will not look at photos as those can be faked. It’s rather unfair to give the OP false hope.

FYI: eBay is notorious for overestimating  the speed with which the USPS can deliver. They seem oblivious to the fact that for a year and a half COVID has hit them pretty hard. If you absolutely need to have something immediately it’s best to buy locally.

I didn't. Only the last part was me. 

I was replying to the lousy advise from the other member. 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@nomeking93 

Oh, my gosh! The solution you chose! 

Do you see that the solution describes how to proceed with an item you've received that is not as described? That is not your situation! 

Good luck to you . . . if you follow the directions in that solution, you're going to need it.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@doc-holmes wrote:

@bearswatching wrote:

I think your comment on that post got shoved up into the "quote" area. It was hard to tell what you were quoting versus what you posted yourself. 😊

But, speaking of that lousy advice, the OP chose it as the solution. 😁

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@doc-holmes wrote:

@bearswatching wrote:

Ah yes, our little SL helpers here on the boards, it is becoming quite an issue as I have seen more than one post with incorect info being accepted as the solution.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 26 of 26
latest reply