cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller no longer registered, item shipped but late

I've ordered an item from a seller on March 17th. The item wasn't shipped until March 27th, but I've understood that COVID-19 makes it hard these days. I've sent a message to the seller to make sure everything is okay, but got no response.

On March 27th, the item had been finally marked as shipped with an estimate (at the latest April 17th), but without tracking. A few days later, the seller had been marked as no longer registered. Clicking on the listing in the Purchase History gives me a 404 error.

Obviously, April 17th has passed, but I've waited some time due to COVID-19. The item is still not there. As the seller is no longer registered, can I still except a good outcome out of all of this? Is the seller still able to respond to a 'Did not receive the item' case, even though their account is no longer registered?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@zvonari-0 

Yes, eBay's money back guarantee still applies but you have a limited time to do this. (no more than 30 days past the ETA)

Open an item not received case.  The now absent seller will have 3 days to respond.  Since he is no longer registered on this site eBay may immediately refund you, if not, wait the 3 days and escalate the case and eBay will make a final outcome and will refund you.

Do NOT let the case expire.  Escalate the case as soon as you are able to (after 3 days).

You will get your money back.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the info.

I've already opened an INR case, but did not get immediately refunded (the request was opened and is currently pending). I was just looking for additional clarification.

Thank you again

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are welcome.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@zvonari-0 wrote:

I've ordered an item from a seller on March 17th. The item wasn't shipped until March 27th, but I've understood that COVID-19 makes it hard these days. I've sent a message to the seller to make sure everything is okay, but got no response.

On March 27th, the item had been finally marked as shipped with an estimate (at the latest April 17th), but without tracking. A few days later, the seller had been marked as no longer registered. Clicking on the listing in the Purchase History gives me a 404 error.

Obviously, April 17th has passed, but I've waited some time due to COVID-19. The item is still not there. As the seller is no longer registered, can I still except a good outcome out of all of this? Is the seller still able to respond to a 'Did not receive the item' case, even though their account is no longer registered?

There are many reasons why the seller can be NARU.  Since you have already filed an INR dispute, I would advise letting the dispute follow its natural course.  Then if the item arrives after you are refunded, either return it or contact the seller to arrange repayment.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 5
latest reply