cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller making me pay for return!

I recently brought a yoga mat, and the item that arrived was a knee mat. The listing even mentioned YOGA/pilates mat and the image ued is a yoga mat, the long ones that could be rolled with a girl even doing yoga on it. I opened a dispute that the item receivde did not match the image, but the seller reached out and said that I have to PAY for the return, even tho they were the one who listed the incorrect item (I have pictures attached to this post of what I received and what was listed).

I told them that according to eBay, sellers shoud pay for return labels, especially when they lied about false advertisement. The seller even said  that I can get $1 compensation, on a $9 item, which I obviously denied. Then, the seller goes along and changes the image of the listing after I pointed out their mistakes.

What now? Do I inisit that the seller pay for the return label back (they also haven't sent me that). And if the seller continues to tell me to pay for shipping back, do I contact eBay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Item Posting: https://i.imgur.com/HMZZdsI.png

Item Received:  https://i.imgur.com/o3SLcGz.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller making me pay for return!

In the case there is a date when you can ask ebay to step in,when that becomes available use that link.If case is found in you favor and seller is domestic ebay will provide a label at seller expense

Does not matter what seller changed in listing after you bought.Your order details show what was listed when you bought

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You have acted correctly if you opened a Return request, citing 'Not As Described'. The seller can't change the images in a sold listing... only update a current listing if they had more than one.

If the seller doesn't send you a return label, escalate the case when it's time to. I'd bet you'll get a return label from the seller... but if not, you'll get a refund through eBay without having to return it.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

In the case there is a date when you can ask ebay to step in,when that becomes available use that link.If case is found in you favor and seller is domestic ebay will provide a label at seller expense

Does not matter what seller changed in listing after you bought.Your order details show what was listed when you bought

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

By the time to escalate the case, is it when the seller doesn't provide the label by set time? My set time to wait for seller response is Oct 5th, so if the dispute isn't solved between me and the seller, do I wait for oct 5th and then a new link should open up?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ohhh okay, that makes sense, thank you!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yes you must wait out the time allowed for seller response

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Maybe the seller is a teeny tiny little bitty person? 

J/K- anyway, as others stated, you did the right thing and escalate when it's time. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@110_4475 wrote:

By the time to escalate the case, is it when the seller doesn't provide the label by set time?

My set time to wait for seller response is Oct 5th, so if the dispute isn't solved between me and the seller, do I wait for oct 5th and then a new link should open up?

No, if your seller has not accepted the return and issued a prepaid return label, or just outright refunded with no return needed, you can ask eBay to step in on Oct 6.

Your seller still has all day Oct 5 to resolve before you can escalate the next day.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Open an item not received. Return it when ebay says after they send you label and you will get refund. Don't bother with this seller.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@dinpavent0 wrote:

Open an item not received.

Why would you do that, the OP did receive something, just the wrong item.

The buyer would not win an INR claim.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 10
latest reply