cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller increased shipping cost after auctions ended :(

Well this is a first for me. I've read many stories of this happening but am finally experiencing it myself! I won 2 auctions from the same seller last night. Parcel Select shipping was $7.10 and $7.10. Just went to pay and I see that the seller sent an invoice with a $16 shipping cost. Now math was always my worst subject but isn't 7.10 + 7.20=$14.30?

I was already suspicious because I had bid on 2 or 3 other listings from this seller & got outbid and on one of them, I was sent a second change offer just minutes after the auction ended and today I see the seller has relisted several auctions that ended with winners yesterday including the one I received a SCO on. Looked at the sellers sold listings to see if the same bidder won the  auctions that were relisted and sure enough, they did. And this bidder has a bid history of 95% with this seller......maybe the winning bidder backed out. Maybe it was a friend shilling. We will never know. Only thing that bums me out is, if the seller doesn't send me a new invoice, I can't neg her if she files UIDs. I know the strikes will be easily removed but it stinks that I can't neg her to warn others. I don't like leaving negs but this seller kind of deserves it if she's not going to do the right thing.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Seller increased shipping cost after auctions ended :(

Sorry that happened to you, Jen.  

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

Yes I contacted her. Got good news 🙂

it was an honest mistake! All is good again! I’m glad because I couldn’t decide if I wanted to pay the $2. Because of the parcel select shipping. If priority had been specified, I would have probably sucked it up and paid it because the items are rare and very hard to find. 

I feel like a jerk for my reaction though but I’ve had a string of bad luck with online purchases lately. Just had a bad experience on another site that I would have expected to happen HERE. I ordered a hoodie for my daughter off a website based on Los Angeles, researched it, appeared to be legit. Never got an order confirmation or a shipping confirmation. Ignored my emails. Filed an INR with PayPal after 2 weeks. Escalated it a week later, they gave the seller until yesterday to reply. Yesterday the seller uploaded a China post tracking number! I called PayPal and said I didn’t buy anything from China, I ordered from a US-based company and I have no idea what is being sent and I just want my money back. PayPal rep was awesome and issued my refund 🙂

That's horrible!  But good for you.  Glad you got your refund.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

NOT GOOD update 😞

seller never sent a revised invoice with the correct shipping cost. She replied to my messsge saying only “oops! Honest mistake”. Then filed 2 UID cases against me. Once the strikes were issued, I used the appeal link in the resolution center and eBay removed them immediately. 

THEN I noticed the seller left me 2 false positive feedbacks saying “non payer. Rude communications”. SO i called eBay and contacted them via Facebook. They have not replied to my FB message. Spoke to an overseas rep who didn’t quite understand my problem and told me the strikes were already removed. I explained again why I was calling-because the seller left negative comments that are not allowed. She seemed to get it and told me the feedback would be removed and the seller would get a warning. So I thought all was good. Logged in today and to my horror, I see that the feedback is still there and the rep removed the sellers follow up comments but not the actual feedback!!!!! Just called eBay AGAIN and after 20 minutes on hold, got another overseas rep so again thought I was talking about unpaid item strikes!!!!! Explained again it’s about the feedback. He transferred me to someone in the appeals department. I wasn’t appealing anything or so I thought. Anyway that rep asked me what happened, I told her seller increased the shipping cost and never sent an amended invoice so I never paid. She said the feedback the seller left is against policy and that she was removing it and it should be gone within a few minutes. So we will see. 

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Ugh, that's the kind of seller that ruins it for all of the other sellers and buyers on eBay. Who wants to deal with all of that? Not me...

The UPI blocks you from leaving FB, right?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@laylajames9 wrote:

Ugh, that's the kind of seller that ruins it for all of the other sellers and buyers on eBay. Who wants to deal with all of that? Not me...

The UPI blocks you from leaving FB, right?

Yes. I tried leaving feedback and it is indeed blocked. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply