cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller didn't use any packaging

I bought a $2,000 sewing machine on Ebay and spend an additional $196.61 on shipping.  I didn't question the shipping, because if they paid to have it packed and insured it, that sounded to me like what it might cost.  

The machine arrived with NO packing anywhere in the box!  There was even a Strap in the case that the machine itself could have been secured with, they didn't even use that, and it was right there, no extra cost!  The machine itself is damaged along with another item in the box, that goes with the machine.  The seller is trying to blame FedEx, and me, and everybody else, and will accept no responsibility for the lack of packing entirely.   They don't want to give me a refund, because their policy is "no returns".  This is a delicate machine with a lot of moving parts, and it was expensive.  They want to offer me $200 for the damage.  I don't want to do that.  The machine was shipped threaded, there is likely internal damage I don't even know about.

I have filed a claim with Ebay, but the seller seems confident that I won't be getting my money back.

I have bought hundreds of things on Ebay, and never a problem.  

This seller even said that they would have gladly packed it if they had known they were supposed to.  Do we, as buyers need to babysit sellers like this, or shouldn't they know their responsibilities as sellers before they list items on Ebay?  

I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I am not happy.

Here is my question:  If Ebay finds in my favor, and I ship the item back, can the seller claim damage that I didn't see and claim, to say I shouldn't get all of the refund?

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Seller didn't use any packaging

@countrymouse007 wrote:

I have filed a claim with Ebay, but the seller seems confident that I won't be getting my money back.

Yeah....your seller is in for a surprise.

Message 91 of 91
latest reply