cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller consequences?

..interesting that EBay doesn't disclose the seller's punishment?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Seller consequences?

they dont disclose Buyer punishments either..

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

Never have, never will. 

Neither does any other 3rd Party selling entity. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

They don't have many choices.  They suspend for some amount of time or forever.  That's about it.  If you see all the sellers items removed, it's the latter.   They have always been too squeamish to employ Mossad  techniques.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

There is the privacy factor.

That the delinquent is punished is known, since we see suddenly NARU accounts as well as complaints from members whose accounts have been shut down temporarily or permanently*.

The only public notice of problems we see are Bid Retractions which are numbered on the buyer's feedback page.

That we can also automatically Block deadbeats with two or more Strikes for Unpaid Items in the past 12 months is not really public, since we don't get notice of a Blocked bid, we have to look that up.

I hear there is a way to Block seeing items from Sellers we don't want to deal with, but I'm not sure how to do that.

*Usually from a very short lived new account.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

The public stocks where you could throw rotten fruit at someone stopped being used centuries ago.

I'm sure eBay doesn't disclose consequences for sellers or buyers due to privacy concerns. Legal departments are funny that way. They try to avoid things they could get sued over.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

@kehartlau-0 wrote:

You have so many problems, I doubt eBay can keep up.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

@downunder-61 wrote:

@kehartlau-0 wrote:

You have so many problems, I doubt eBay can keep up.

Good catch! 

Thank you for posting @kehartlau-0 ! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

an ounce of prevention

Is

A pound of cure

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

@kehartlau-0 wrote:

@kehartlau-0,

When you see a seller is No Longer A registered User the punishment has been disclosed.  eBay is not going to disclose what they are investigating, but then neither do the Feds or Police, until an indictment is handed out.  However, if you check feedback profile pages you can see what a seller has been accused of.  If you understand the ebay's best high volume sellers will have a feedback percentage of 99.6% or better. Those who have less than a 98.6% rating should be avoided. If you see a seller has a 97% or 94% rating, don't bother looking any further.  Just hit the back button.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

@mudshark61369 wrote:

However, if you check feedback profile pages you can see what a seller has been accused of.  If you understand the ebay's best high volume sellers will have a feedback percentage of 99.6% or better. Those who have less than a 98.6% rating should be avoided. If you see a seller has a 97% or 94% rating, don't bother looking any further.

Seller feedback ratings are a joke currently. Every negative and neutral feedback I've left for at least the last 2 years vanishes. I tried to leave a neutral just a few weeks ago and was gone within one hour. So since then I am no longer using ebays feedback system.

It's obvious that higher ratings produce more sales and higher profits for ebay. Buyer's end up being the ones that pay the price though with higher percentages of scammers. The best part is ebay accuses unwitting buyers of being abusive for too many claims because the feedbacks were removed which were supposed to warn them in the first place, at least I thought that was the purpose of feedback.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

@kehartlau-0 wrote:

an ounce of prevention

Is

A pound of cure

Until you no longer qualify for the protection of the MBG.

Thanks for posting

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Seller consequences?

@kehartlau-0 wrote:

an ounce of prevention

Is

A pound of cure

You are so right!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  It's always good to bring things like this out so others can be proactive.

(click)

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 13
latest reply