cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancelled due to bogus reason. Ebay removed negative FB.

I have found an item I have been dreaming for a while. I negotiated a price with the seller and paid immediately. I was waiting for my order to ship, but I received a notice today that my order was cancelled due to seller not liking my address. I have received dozens of orders at the same address and nobody has complained before. I sent two messages to the seller kindly asking to explain himself.  But I was apparently ignored. So, I left the justified negative stating: "Seller cancelled due to bogus reason without contacting" . Soon eBay removed the negative feedback. I also noted that the seller still has listed the same item as an auction with higher starting price.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller cancelled due to bogus reason. Ebay removed negative FB.

@tech-x-world 

If you are using a freight forwarder, some sellers will see that and automatically think scam.

There are a few that's known to be used by a lot of scammers, but some sellers don't stop and think, that a lot of good buyers use them also.

Sorry you found one of those sellers.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Your feedback looks good so I don't understand that also.  I would contact eBay and share your findings. I doubt there is anything they will do about it but may mark the sellers account for any future occurrences. Dream on for now.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Seller may not ship to Georgia.  If it was an expensive item there is not signature availability in Georgia due to COVID.  In the US that is the name of a state so negotiations with shipping may have been affected or misunderstood.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The address was the office in the US state. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If the seller not ship to the State of the customer, he may answer to the buyer questions with the reasons.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The mod removed the seller's name from the OP and warned me against naming and shaming. I had a similar problem in the past about the removal of the feedback and eBay Customer Support themselves advised to start a new discussion about that particular seller. Indeed, eBay's policies are confusing. 

1.png2.png

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

What State?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Delaware.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Since you are registered as being in Georgia I'm assuming that you are using a reshipping agent.  Is that correct?

Although I don't have an issue with international buyers using a forwarding service, owing to the pandemic there is no guarantee as to when your item would actually make it to your country.  However, the seller would only have to show proof of delivery to the forwarding company to beat an INR dispute so I'm not sure why he doesn't want to do business with you.

Actually, I would have a misgiving or two owing to your retraction record but once the sale had been made it wouldn't result in a cancellation.  The transaction wouldn't have progressed that far.  However, since in this case it has and the seller should not have cancelled, in my opinion.

With regard to the feedback being removed, not being privy to the precise wording of the feedback it is possible to render an opinion  on why it was removed.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@tech-x-world 

If you are using a freight forwarder, some sellers will see that and automatically think scam.

There are a few that's known to be used by a lot of scammers, but some sellers don't stop and think, that a lot of good buyers use them also.

Sorry you found one of those sellers.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Freight flights still take place and I have received numerous packages from around the world. So, COVID-19 is not a real excuse. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The seller finally responded. Apparently, he googled the address and found some scammers were using the same address. It seems that the pattern of those scammers is the following: they scan for the recently sold items and then message the sellers claiming they have moved to another state, but they have not actually paid for those items. Did I message him and ask to change the shipping address for the item I have not actually paid for? No. I actually paid for the item and my address is Paypal confirmed.  I wrote very lengthy explanation to the seller.

The company requires to provide actual ID number and phone number during the signing the contract. Without the ID with actual photo and working phone number, you can not claim the packages. All the sellers have to do is to contact the company and report those fraudulent people. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I spoke to the management of the company and they thanked me for reporting the name of the recent frequent offender mentioned on the boards. They take the issue of the abuse of their name/address very seriously and will crack down.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

It appears that the seller did not like my not Anglo-Saxon sounding name and therefore googled my shipping address, which actually is the office of the company with tens of thousands contractors.

I have offered the seller to send the photo of myself holding my biometric passport  to prove that I am not the same person as the scammer he believes I am. I also tried to direct his attention to the fact that the scammer's English is very poor unlike mine. Also the scammer's account has ZERO feedback. I would not have lasted for 5 years on Ebay and amassed 141 positive feedback from both the sellers and buyers if I had been engaged in fraudulent activity. But the seller never responded. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Ahoy!  EBay sent a message out to all sellers that they would be removing negative feedback to protect sellers' reputations back in March, I believe.  This is probably what happened to your negative feedback, and it's due to COVID-19 and difficulties in shipping on time.  This removal process is running through July 19, 2020.  I have been watching a couple of orchid sellers in Thailand that took folks' money (including mine) and never shipped.  Their negatives are being removed daily.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply