cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller blocked me after making an offer on his item...

Hi folks,

So there was this game that I wanted, it was at a normal proce. There was a "make an offer" button and I made an offer based on the actual price -$5 to see if I can get it cheaper. Well not only the seller didn't say anything but they just went ahead and blocked me. I have +500 reviews as a buyer and have been on eBay since 2013. Can't eBay do anything about those sellers that just block you like that?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

You can always email a seller that you do not like and ask them to block you since you do not want to deal with them anymore.  I know that I am on a few sellers blocked list from some bad experiences years ago under another ID.  I know that if I got such an email, I would gladly ad the bidder to my best buddy list. (BBL).

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@campanaelia wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

@campanaelia 

We buyers are able to Exclude sellers by name when we search for items.

Not the same at all. If the seller changes their user id, the exclusion does not carry over to the new id the way it does for sellers using BBL. 

I didn't say it was 'the same' ... but it is something.  You said , " ... buyers have nothing. Buyers are on their own. ..."  

Buyers are hardly 'on their own' with eBay's Money Back Guarantee ... and extremely few sellers change their Usernames.  

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Read the FB you have left for sellers.  Not sure I would not have blocked.

And, BTW, when eBay says "no negative FB can be left for buyers", they mean no positives with negative wording.  Those buyers should have reported that.  

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

@campanaelia wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

@campanaelia 

We buyers are able to Exclude sellers by name when we search for items.

Not the same at all. If the seller changes their user id, the exclusion does not carry over to the new id the way it does for sellers using BBL. 

I didn't say it was 'the same' ... but it is something.  You said , " ... buyers have nothing. Buyers are on their own. ..."  

Buyers are hardly 'on their own' with eBay's Money Back Guarantee ... and extremely few sellers change their Usernames.  

Why not just give buyers the same'  equivalent tool?... And 'extremely few'  good sellers change their usernames, however the bad ones do it regularly.

EBay MBG is good and in most cases, you will be refunded eventually, approximately 3 weeks is the average. But is a total failure though when dealing with the fake tracking number scam. And waiting up to 6 days, including weekends, for ebay to step is too long. They should also put the INAD reasons for return at the top of the list instead of hiding them at the bottom, tricking many newbies.

If the buyer does everything right, the way it works now is... ..

First the buyer has to wait about a week for the last estimated delivery date to pass or the defective item to arrive. Next the buyer has to open a claim and wait up to 6 more days before they can ask ebay to step in. Then they will either receive a refund or be issued a shipping label depending on the claim type. Plus after the refund is issued to my card it takes up to an additional week for the credit to post.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@sadox735 wrote:

Hi folks,

So there was this game that I wanted, it was at a normal proce. There was a "make an offer" button and I made an offer based on the actual price -$5 to see if I can get it cheaper. Well not only the seller didn't say anything but they just went ahead and blocked me. I have +500 reviews as a buyer and have been on eBay since 2013. Can't eBay do anything about those sellers that just block you like that?

Thank you!

I had an offer last night which I chose to simply decline. I first looked at their feedback left for others which had several negative comments written. Who wants to deal with a buyer who so easily leaves a large number of negatives, and why take the risk? So, I declined and blocked them. Leaving negative comments will also affect the buyers who leave multiples....

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

It's got to be tough turning down a sale, but blocking a problem buyer seems to be the best strategy.

Some people can never be pleased, and it is nice when such people are courteous enough  to warn sellers ahead of time through their nasty feedback records.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I agree, a lot of my blocked buyers are from the community page here so not to have to run into them in the future...🙂

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@sadox735 

My guess is the seller thought you may be a problem on down the road.  Sellers are allowed to protect themselves.  Asking for a discount on something you think should be cheaper is probably not with that seller wanted to deal with.  These days, sellers have little say and less protection on Ebay.  Don't take it personal.  It's business.  Move on and see if there are other items of the same out there. 

PS 500+ reviews really means nothing as a buyer.  Buyers can only receive positive feedback.  It's what they leave for others that sellers watch out for.  Walk a mile in our shoes. 

Have a great evening. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply