cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved searches sucks now

I guess eBay wants me to not bid on anything and to close my account. I didn't change anything on my account and I haven't gotten any saved search emails since Feb. 15. And I'm wondering if anyone else is not getting any saved search emails either. I suppose someone on the development team had a 2022 goal to see what new features and functionality can be added to the saved searches thinking that it would make it better for us. He or she can add the accomplishment to their appraisal and maybe get a raise and move on but saved searches sucks now. It's not better nor helpful to me to see huge pictures with the only option to sort by date added or name. I know what I'm looking for so give me to option to use the old "classic" saved search screen with the tiny pictures and helpful hyperlinks and maybe I'll think about keeping my 20+ year account open. Thanks and hopefully someone will read this.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Saved searches sucks now

Ok I just found the missing search emails in my Spam folder. For some reason they are all going there now so time to fix on my end. Now eBay fix your end.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay will screw up a wet dream!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hey eBay, maybe it’s just me, but older people like me can read.  We are not IQ challenged and have to see big pictures and icons like infants and toddlers.  I agree there should be a classic look option, or back to normal view.  I have 56 saved searches, with very specific filters and words excluded.  The new saved searches screen is useless.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

A possible workaround here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/my-saved-searches-list-has-changed/m-p/32712254/highlight...

Using a custom ad blocker filter rule or two, it is possible to suppress the large images and reduce the page to a multi-column text list of links.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You summed this up perfectly.  Whenever ebay tries to change a page it all goes bad.  It's as if their site is for the most lame users on earth - entirely dumbed down.  I had multiple saved searches but as soon as I saw the new "look" I couldn't stand it any longer and now have deleted them all and won't be saving any of my searches - which of course means less exposure to the items I like and less purchases for ebay sellers.  Oh well - leave it to ebay to mess something up.  They should heed the old adage if it ain't broke don't "fix" it.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Completely agree with everything said here. 

Gonna start my own thread to increase the noise around this. 

=====================

Why has eBay completely RUINED / DESTROYED saved searches?

Is eBay trying to make me boycott their services and use other local auction sites with all the crap changes they've made lately?
eBay have COMPLETELY RUINED saved searches (which is one of the main reasons I use this platform).
All my saved searches have relocated to worldwide searches by default. This is completely useless to me.
I now get tons of useless saved search email from international eBay sellers which I cannot buy from - and is not how I originally saved my searches ( originally set my saved searches to Australia ONLY - and this used to work great for years until recently).

What's with all this picture / icon crap on my saved search list that makes it incredibly difficult to navigate? All I want is a saved search LIST with hyperlinks and ability to edit - just like before these TERRIBLE CHANGES. What kind of idiot / moron pushed for these changes?

I've spent the entire morning searching for alternatives to eBay and have found some viable candidates that will suit my needs.

eBay is trying to be a web 2.9 or 3.0 website, when it should stick to being a web 1.0 - 1.9 website,
just as it has done for around 30 years.
This is what has MADE it successful, and KEPT it successful.
They're messing with the formula now and IT SUCKS.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Agree with all prior comments.  Emails gone. Useful interface gone. Personal search selections gone.

All replaced with garbage.

I'm a developer (20+ years) and it's astounding the total lack of change control that eBay has.  It's like they have a "hmmmm let's try this out to see if it works" project plan, and in addition "let's not test it, just deploy it out to the entire world and see what happens".

What a piece of crap their "programmers" have turned the site into. No management oversight either apparently.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

can't find anything.  What a mess.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

can't find anything. What a mess.

What can't you find?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply