cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same watch,different sellers

I'm looking for vintage wristwatches(actually just one model) and there is so many same advert(i don't know the word for listing). Different sellers selling same watch.  Are they just using the photos bc they can't take good photos or something.Thanks in advance for the answers.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay sellers are allowed to use "stock" photos or a photo that's in eBay's catalog in their listings. Nothing suspicious about it. Not all sellers photograph the actual physical item they're selling--especially if the item is brand new and/or in it's original box.

Good luck on your quest!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If it's new, it might just be a stock new photo.  But, there are usually a hundred of those from a hundred different sellers.
If it's a sellers own photo?  Then it's probably one seller with several different ID's. (if new item, they probably have lots of them) (if it's a used item?  When one sells, they will go in and delete the other listings).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It could be a "stock photo" or some sellers do steal pictures from other sellers. 

Does it look professionally done? it's probably a stock picture. Does it look like it was taken on someone's kitchen table or floor?  Then  most likely it's a stolen pic.

You'll notice  the same picture  for a bunch a china sellers for example. It's a stock photo they got somewhere.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

eBay is overflowing with watch scams of various types - see most any of the large and small watch collectors' forums for numerous examples of such scams and examples of such listings. Many watch collectors will not even consider purchasing on eBay because of it. My advice as a long-time watch collector would be to pass on any listing (and all other listings from that seller or other sellers who have "copied" listings) that seems the least bit sketchy. If there are that many of the same type legitimately for sale, you'll be able to find a legitimate seller of the watch you are looking for, on or off of eBay, without too long a wait.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply