cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same old fraudulent Ebay

So thought I would give Ebay a try again. Was looking for a Sterling silver medal and came across an ad for one but noticed a lot of other sellers were selling the same thing. The other listings stated it was silver plated. The listing I was going to bid on stated it was oxidized silver meaning it was just silver tinted  black by a chemical process. So I wrote the seller and asked where the .925 stamp was at on the medal. Got a reply that it was silver plated. And of course trying to report an item is still a farce. Same old general categories that usually have nothing to do with what you want to report. This is why I stopped buying from Ebay and until Ebay makes an effort to get dishonest sellers off of its site I will continue to buy from Amazon and other places that I trust. Does Ebay know how much business it is losing from this? Too many dishonest sellers here and nothing is done about it. Bye....see you in a few years....maybe.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Same old fraudulent Ebay

Those same dishonest sellers are on Amazon...
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Personally, I would not attempt to purchase any precious metal jewelry online...there is such a flood of fake stuff STAMPED 925 & 14K  that has been filtering through ALL areas of online sales over the last...oh...I'd say about a decade...not just eBay.  Even at a flea markets, garage sale, etc...won't touch the stuff and any would be shopper would be wise to do the same unless it is OBVIOUSLY antique/vintage...maybe I would give those a thought...maybe...

Gotta buy from reputable dealers only...any ole' schmoe can sell anything on line and claim it is anything they want it "to be."  Online sales are a definite buyer be aware place to shop for precious jewelry.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Honesty & truth, a  welcomed & refreshing experience.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply