cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Shipping SNAD

I purchased a used automobile seat and messaged the seller to send more pictures of the seat. He sent me the pictures I asked for, however one of the pictures highlighted a crack on two parts of the seat, the adjustment lever and plastic. This was not visible in the original listing, and unfortunately the seller had already shipped the item after he sent me the photos. The listing says the seller offers returns up to 90 days however the buyer must pay return shipping; Since the seat is being delivered by freight shipping, the shipping cost is 185$ on a $400 item. The seller is trying to make me pay return shipping, however while I want to do business with the seller, I do not feel that I am obligated to pay return shipping since the original pictures did not highlight the cracks, nor did the item listing description. Am I in the right to open a SNAD case and would eBay make me pay return shipping or the seller? I would like to exchange the seat for another, however the seller has only told me to make a return and pay the 185$ shipping or keep the item.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Return Shipping SNAD

You should familiarize yourself with the MBG before attempting any future purchases on the site.  This will help you to know what your buyer protections are and how to use them.

One question I have is did you request the additional photographs before or after you made the purchase? 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Return Shipping SNAD

"Am I in the right to open a SNAD case and would eBay make me pay return shipping or the seller?"

Right to do so: would be when the photos were sent to you; before or after purchase.

As for return shipping that would be the seller paying in a snad case.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply