cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseller Certif

I sometimes buy merchandise for resale, and have a resale certificate so that I can be exempt from paying sales tax on them in the interim. I know I can get my account configured so that my resale certificate is on file and I don't get charged tax, but what I wonder is:

Can my tax-exempt status be toggled on and off so that I can apply it to items that I want to resell, but not to items that I purchase for myself?

Many thanks.

Gardanni

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Reseller Certif

You should have two separate accounts.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Reseller Certif

You should have two separate accounts.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Reseller Certif

@gardanni,

What bonjourami wrote is the best way to go, not just because of the sales tax exemption, but also because you can deduct other things from your taxes if you also set up a separate selling account.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply