cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broken Teapots

I purchased 6 ceramic teapots for $20 and $20 for the shipping costs.  2 of the teapots were broken when I opened the box.  I've sent a message to the seller twice in one week and she hasn't responded.  I don't want to return the 4 teapots because I have already paid $20 in shipping and will have to pay to ship them back.  I feel so screwed here.  Any advice?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

my advice is to take control of the situation with the MBG or money back guarantee

you are in the drivers set with the broken teapots and its really up to you 

if you dont want to send them back you can try some pictures of the busted ones and send them to the seller

it sounds like you should be getting a one third refund of all money payed

if the buyer says no you can just get all your money back with a free return

@baseballmom7860 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

So you've never read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers?

You received items that were not as described.  You have 30 days after delivery to open an item not as described case, or cases, with eBay.  The seller will be required to send you a prepaid return shipping label and to refund you in total upon receipt.

Have no idea why you believe you would have to pay the cost of return shipping, but whatever your information source is, it is incorrect.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No you don't.  Items that arrive with shipping damage are the sellers problem. Click the return this item button and choose damaged in shipping.  Or what their words are for that.  The seller will have to pay if they want them back.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

And your refund would include your original shipping.

The only one who loses money is the seller, who did not package your purchase properly.

You can suggest to the seller that you would accept a partial refund for the cost of two of the six pots, without returning any of them. This suggestion should include pictures of the broken pots and of the packaging.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

my advice is to take control of the situation with the MBG or money back guarantee

you are in the drivers set with the broken teapots and its really up to you 

if you dont want to send them back you can try some pictures of the busted ones and send them to the seller

it sounds like you should be getting a one third refund of all money payed

if the buyer says no you can just get all your money back with a free return

@baseballmom7860 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for you advice.  I appreciate it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply