cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with payment options

Why does my payment option keep defaulting back to a checking account that I never buy from?

This has happened several times in the last couple of weeks using my phone.  The first time I noticed that it didn't give me a payment option and just went straight through. I thought at the time that was odd but reassured myself that it couldn't possibly take it from that checking account. Wrong. It did and cost me thirty bucks. Not enough money. I have purchased several items since with out this issue.

Today I won a auction went to pay for it and it did the same thing. No option and no way for me to look and see where the payment came out of using my phone. I walked up to the house and look on my desk top and sure enough the payment came out of that account again!

I put money in That account just to cover my behind but this was a large purchase and not enough once again.  The wife is headed there now to try to beat the transfer!

I can't make any more payments by phone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problem with payment options

You didn't say whether or not you're using PayPal. If you are, go to your account there and set something else as your preferred payment method.

I wonder if it has something to do with PAYPAL.

I have my Paypal account set up to take from my credit card (preferred method) and it still takes from my checking account. EVERY TIME.

I even double check before hand. These are not even ebay purchases.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The checking account is attached to my Pay Pal account. When you are asked to select payment options and select pay pal you can take it from the pay pal balance, checking account or pay pal credit.

Some times it asks for a selection and some times it just goes straight through as soon as you select pay now. 

It would be taking it from my pay pal balance. Not enough money in the balance so it goes to that checking account. My question is why some times it asks and other times it goes straight through with no chance to back out or select where that money comes from. Only seems to do this on the mobile app.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply