cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please. Stop. Drop-Shipping.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to buy a futon mattress on eBay. Why buy such an absurd item on eBay? Because I had ~$60 eBay bucks to spend, plus a $10 coupon, and I needed a new bottom bunk mattress for my kids' room. I found a good price, and everything was coming up Milhouse. Except I got a message the next day from the seller telling me they were sorry, but they didn't have the inventory and was going to have to cancel my order. No big deal- I got a refund, my bonus and my coupon back.

I tried again, but this time the seller canceled my order claiming had requested the cancellation.  No, I most certainly did not, and I'm well aware that the seller chose that option to avoid a defect on their account. 

That little lie cost me the use of the $10 coupon, which I had to get back by spending 30 solid minutes on the phone with different, increasingly confused reps from the Philippines. It also  turned me into a snitch, since by explaining the situation over the phone led to the seller being reported for violating TOS. 

This is what drop-shipping does. I know there are dozens of get-rich quick youtube videos extolling the virtues of doing very little work for Lamborghinis filled with models, but it almost always backfires. If you do not have the product in your hands, you do not have product. You have no way to know the quality or the volume. I know there are a few (neigh, dozens!) of sellers who have not run into obstacles in their drop-shipping career, but I promise you you've gotten lucky. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Please. Stop. Drop-Shipping.

Sorry, there will always be dropshippers. And please stop putting a period behind every word. Is that a new thing now? Most people will not take the time to try to muddle through a period infested paragraph (or title).

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Bulky items such as matress is almost always going to be dropshipped.

No one wants to pay to deliver matress to the seller and then from seller to you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

At the very least, it must be CLEARLY disclosed in the listing so buyers can make informed decisions.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Why would you think you're a snitch for reporting them when they did indeed use the wrong excuse? Sorry but I'm sure somewhere down the road those cancellations by buyer req are going to hurt some of these buyers - who never req a cancellation in their lifetime - and didn't notice that was the reason a seller chose instead of taking an OOS. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I know there are dozens of get-rich quick youtube videos extolling the virtues of doing very little work for Lamborghinis filled with models, but it almost always backfires.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sorry those 3 periods.....triggered u
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I think OP was just using the periods in the title to convey emphasis and that she was adamant.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply