cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment by Ebay Gift Cards??

I saw an item on Craigs List and was interested in purchasing it. I contacted the seller who indicated that the item had been turned over to Ebay and that Ebay would contact me. I received what seemed like a correspondence from Ebay which requested that I purchased five $200 gift cards ($1,000) from Target or Krogers, scratch off the number, give them the confirmation code and they would send the merchandise. 

I have never been asked to make a purchase in this manner. What do you think?

Sheila 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well known and often fallen for SCAM

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a fairly well know scam.  Gift cards are fine if used as intended.  That is to be given as gifts for friends and family to use on eBay.  They aren't meant to be used as currency on other sites.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ebay would never ever request that a buyer purchase gift cards, scratch off the numbers, and give anyone the confirmation code.

Spoofed. Scam. Run!

-------
Not my selling nor buying account
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If an item is not listed on eBay then eBay has nothing to do with it.

Craigslist has a warning about it right on their page....because so many people are gullible and lose money this way.

This item does not actually exist and they want gift cards because it is untraceable.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@drsheila wrote:

I saw an item on Craigs List and was interested in purchasing it. I contacted the seller who indicated that the item had been turned over to Ebay and that Ebay would contact me. I received what seemed like a correspondence from Ebay which requested that I purchased five $200 gift cards ($1,000) from Target or Krogers, scratch off the number, give them the confirmation code and they would send the merchandise. 

I have never been asked to make a purchase in this manner. What do you think?

Sheila 

SCAM scam and more scam.

That steal of a deal is to steal from YOUI.

You send scratched of gift card photos, and you are out your money with

no vechicle:

No ware house

no insurance.

Just plain lost your money.....

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You were wise to question that.  That is a LIAR and a THIEF.  eBay never assists in sales or payments of items on other sites.   SCAM !!!   That is not how eBay sales work. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply