cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package delivered to the wrong address and denied refund

Ok so a couple day ago I got a message saying that my package was delivered (At front door). When I went out to my door to check however, nothing was there. I also checked my mailbox (even though I know what I ordered wouldn't fit) and nothing. So I wasn't really that mad I was a little upset  but it was fine. So I went and opened a case for this order and all the seller did was send me the shipping status that said that it had been delivered to the right address (which it didn't). So I waited for a refund because I let them know it was delivered to the wrong address and all I wanted was a refund. A few days later ebay themselves had to get involved and they were seeing what they could do about it. A couple minutes later, the told me "A refund cannot be given for this order because the seller sent the tracking info and it states that it was delivered to the correct address" (it wasn't). And I get it, I could easily be scamming them and just be saying that to get my money back and have the item at the same time, but I worked for that money and I'm not a **bleep** who would do something like that. So I'm gonna drop this because I have a strong feeling that regardless of anything I do, I won't be receiving my money or my item so it's done. I just want to say that before you order anything on eBay, try Amazon or try going to the store or something with Shipping instructions because I lost nearly $105 because of it.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Package delivered to the wrong address and denied refund

I gave them the usps reference number and i have a voicemail I don’t know how to send to them 

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Same literally happened to me 2 days ago 

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@worre-0 

This thread is several months old. If you're having a similar issue you'll get better responses if you start a new thread with the specific details of your issue.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Same thing just happened to me,BUT,the package was apparently labelled wrong. It went to Alabama (al) instead to me in loisiana (la) .The tracking info showed it delivered,which no doubt it was. BUT,this was a seller mistake,NOT the delivery company. Eaby refused a refund because the item was delivered,even though it went to the wrong state.

So,maybe they sent it to their  family member? 

Ebay just doesn't care,as long as it was delivered.Amazing isn't it. Ebay really did me wrong on this one (buyer protection bull),and they didn't post the negative feedback I left seller,because they well knew it went to the wrong address.They did nothing.Thankfully it wasn't a high dollar item,but ebay just let me get ripped of,with no interest in helping me,even with the seller providing the wrong address info.

Go somewhere else first.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

You've tagged on to a message posted on 04/07/22.

However, since you have a current issue, have you contacted the seller and asked him/her why the package had the wrong address?  

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

This is not true. If you file a claim with the shipping service and they pay the claim, they will pay the seller, not the buyer.

This just happened to me. 

UPS said they delivered a package to my property and they did not (no package, no footage of a UPS truck coming down my driveway, etc.).  I filed a claim with UPS, and UPS paid the claim, except they sent money to the seller.

So filing a claim with the delivery service will not help you out as a buyer at all.

So the seller was paid twice for the item (once by me during the original purchase, and once by UPS for the claim I filed).  I lost my money, got nothing out of the deal, and seller was paid twice.

eBay sided with seller because UPS tracking originally showed item was delivered, even though afterwards they went back and paid a claim to the seller for lost package.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

I just got the refund form from USPS but there is a section where they ask the senders address. Did you fill out that part of the form, because I can't find the senders address any where on EBay. Thanks

Message 37 of 37
latest reply