cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Purchase History Layout

I purchase a lot of items off of ebay that are hard to find elsewhere. However, I absolutely HATE the new 'purchase history' layout. I often purchase very similar items and I differentiate them upon arrival by the tracking number. After a certain number of days, the tracking is inaccessible as the button simply says leave feedback. And with items that are past their expected arrival, it shows this as well. (Whether they've arrived or not.) Also, it does not readily show the purchase date. (I have to click through several links to get to the date.) While this setup may work well for the average user, it is EXTREMELY frustrating for someone that purchases large volumes of merchandise. Is there any way to get back to the old layout or at least customize the new one? Thanks much.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Old Purchase History Layout

Click the link that says "Switch to old Purchase History page" on the upper right of the Purchase History page to return to using the old purchase history page.

It toggles between the old and new (the image below shows going to new page since I use old one.) That's in Firefox 31 and works fine for me.

If you are using another browser and have no link, don't know what to tell you*

ebay_New_Old_Purchase_History_Page_link.gif

The links aren't simple URLS - they contain an encrypted parameter sent to an eBay application that I believe from observation switches account settings, and is keyed to a particular account.

I did try using this account's links on another of my accounts, and it worked, but not going to post them here as that potentially leaks my account info - I can't decrypt it and have no idea what's supposed to be in that parameter.

However, what this does mean is that y'all can bookmark your own links on your new and old purchase history pages, and then in the future,  if  when the links disappear and leave you stuck on the new page, you might be able to use the bookmarked links to toggle back and forth (similar to accessing the old PayPal format after they took the links to revert away - I still use my bookmarked ones to avoid the new mess there)

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I must be totally blind to not see that! Thank you pointing it out to my blind self!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You can see tracking numbers on PayPal, but it is inconvenient. You have to click to open the transaction in order to see what the item is.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The NEW Purchase history SUCKS donkey nuggets, so many screens & clicks & categories & **bleep**.  **bleep** is all I can say, and NOW you cannot access the old version.  Ebay has been gong downhill for years WONKY tech heads know better than the people using the site & in the trenches.  WHY Ebay do you make everything more complicted HUH? And now when I loose a lot I cant see it....I get switched to a 'similar item"  I got a similar item- Im going to stick with AMazon in the future

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Click the link that says "Switch to old Purchase History page" on the upper right of the Purchase History page to return to using the old purchase history page.

It toggles between the old and new (the image below shows going to new page since I use old one.) That's in Firefox 31 and works fine for me.

If you are using another browser and have no link, don't know what to tell you*

ebay_New_Old_Purchase_History_Page_link.gif

The links aren't simple URLS - they contain an encrypted parameter sent to an eBay application that I believe from observation switches account settings, and is keyed to a particular account.

I did try using this account's links on another of my accounts, and it worked, but not going to post them here as that potentially leaks my account info - I can't decrypt it and have no idea what's supposed to be in that parameter.

However, what this does mean is that y'all can bookmark your own links on your new and old purchase history pages, and then in the future,  if  when the links disappear and leave you stuck on the new page, you might be able to use the bookmarked links to toggle back and forth (similar to accessing the old PayPal format after they took the links to revert away - I still use my bookmarked ones to avoid the new mess there)

the link, switch to old version purchase history takes me to ebay homepage. lol. sorry ebay, your homepage is not my purchase history page.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I totally AGREE with you on EVERY point you made (purchase date, tracking number etc) . I'm just going to stop leaving feedback for sellers as it takes to much time to finagle. I'm just going to Add to note area received. I put up with it because I could SWITCH to Old View , now it won't even do that anymore.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

That's what the link did before also, but when you reloaded the PH page it would be switched to the old or new version.

Now the change isn't registering in the backend, and unless this is a glitch which I don't think it is, looks like we are all being forced into the new (mostly useless) layout (at least for as long as we stick around).
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The new purchase history is terrible. Why remove tracking #? Invoices with multiple items from the same seller, look like individual items with full shipping amount, not actual amount.  Let us go back to the slow version, at least it worked, sometimes.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Can't change the lay out page back as of today!  It sucks so bad this system that they think is so good. They don't see or buy from it so they haven't a clue. I quit ebay and thanks to your new lay out many others will follow suit!  What waco came up with this lay out to begin with needs to be handed his walking papers!  We have lost valuable info that we need to see in our purchases do you even realize this????

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

A partial workaround is the purchase history on the buying semmary page here:
https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&currentpage=MyeBayNextAllBuying

Shows only up to last 60 days, but does show tracking.

I will be using that page for current* purchase tracking and other operations instead of the new PH travesty (at least until that page gets broken or taken away)

*everyone needs to print to PDF and archive their purchase history (and purchased item listing pages), every 45-60 days as I do to retain the tracking numbers and details that disappear after 60 days.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I tried to change the purchase history back to the old format. The link does not work. I just sends me back to the home page. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I just checked mine and it was back to the old classic view where it should be. I didn't take a chance experimenting to switch back and forth.

Try clearing browser cche and cookies and try again - maybe eBay changed something ( a cookie or script) that your browser is pulling from cached store instead of downloading fresh).

[wild educated guessing from here on]

Looks like the routines that display the PH page WERE ignoring the setting in a database somewhere that determines which PH page to show.

That setting is toggled by the "switch to new" / "switch to old" links on the PH page, and it appears that yesterday the setting wasn't getting changed (at the se time the database wasn't coughing up the stored setting to the PH display logic - almost as if that database was locked for both read and write, and the which page to show you logic defaulted to ne page when it couldn't read the setting.

Display part appears to be fixed now, but maybe the toggle part via the links is not, and your stored setting is for the new page?

I just tried to toggle it on my phone, but it failed and I got a "mobile site no longer supported on this device" error which is due to my use of Opera Mini browser and eBay mislabeling it as incompatible. That means I can't test if the links work or not. Will check later when back at desktop.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply