cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to leave feedback after refund

My seller never shipped my item ordered from them and apparently never had any intention to. I sent multiple inquiries with no replies back from the. Also, when they charged me for the item sold, it appeared as a "RECURRING CHARGE" in my bank statement. 

The bank confirmed it was in fact recurring and advised I cancel my card and get a replacement, which I did to protect myself. Then, after my delivery date had passed and still no item, I contacted e bay who stepped in and got my sale refunded back to my account. (FYI, if you cancel your debit card, and still receive a refund back onto it, your bank will still process it as long as it's to the same checking account. My refund issued with no problems even though I cancelled the old debit card.)

So after I ensured my refund was received, I went to the seller's page to leave honest feedback on the sale. I was merely going to say my item never shipped and the seller didn't reply to multiple inquiries. 

But apparently when you receive a refund, you're no longer able to leave feedback to the seller's page and I find that to be bad practice. I should be able to leave feedback of my experience to alert others to what happened so they can be well informed of this seller before buying from them. It appears that e bay makes a conscious effort to protect seller ratings by any cost and that's not right imo. 

They even removed the sale from my purchase history as well. And all this will make me more wary of purchasing from e bay in the future. Sure I got my refund back and was protected, but if the seller can get away with it and receive no honest feedback from their customers, they're free to do what they did to me to other unsuspecting customers. And that's not right! Boo to e bay. 

For now on I will lean more towards buying from Amazon even if it's a few bucks more. 

And to those who will leave childish snarky comments, they will be ignored. 😗

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A few things 

I've had several PayPal payments show as recurring payments even though it was a one time payment even on ebay sales.  I don't know why it does it but  able to go into PayPal and simply make it not a recurring payment.  

Since eBay refunded after you escalated the seller would have got a serious defect worse than any feedback you leave.  

Getting a refund doesn't stop you from leaving feedback so that's not why you're having issues.   If the transaction is over 60 days old you can't leave feedback.  You also mentioned the transaction being gone if the listing has been removed by eBay you can't leave feedback.  Or the transaction has been moved to the bottom of your purchase history page because it was refunded.  Or if it's so old it fell off the two months of worth of transactions that show on the purchase history page depending on what you have set up to show on that.  Mine is set to show all.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A few things 

I've had several PayPal payments show as recurring payments even though it was a one time payment even on ebay sales.  I don't know why it does it but  able to go into PayPal and simply make it not a recurring payment.  

Since eBay refunded after you escalated the seller would have got a serious defect worse than any feedback you leave.  

Getting a refund doesn't stop you from leaving feedback so that's not why you're having issues.   If the transaction is over 60 days old you can't leave feedback.  You also mentioned the transaction being gone if the listing has been removed by eBay you can't leave feedback.  Or the transaction has been moved to the bottom of your purchase history page because it was refunded.  Or if it's so old it fell off the two months of worth of transactions that show on the purchase history page depending on what you have set up to show on that.  Mine is set to show all.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. After seeing your post I went back into my purchase history and found that it was moved to "Returns and Cancelled Orders" which isn't visible unless I scroll down past all my purchases. 

My order was there and I was able to leave my feedback. So thanks very much for your post as it helped my find where that order went and see it wasn't removed, but moved to somewhere else. 

Much appreciated!! 👍

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@chris330r,

"They even removed the sale from my purchase history as well. And all this will make me more wary of purchasing from e bay in the future."

If ebay removed the item from your purchase history before the 60 day default time frame of items only showing for 60 days.  Then ebay has removed the item, and possibly the seller.   If the purchase was made over 60 days ago, just above the first item in your history you will see;

See orders from: the last 60 days v  Use the drop down arrow to show your purchases from 2020.

If the item is still there then it was not pulled but if you click on it and check for see other items and nothing shows up then the seller could have been removed.

If it has been more than 60 days since you made the purchase, then the time frame for leaving feedback had passed.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No problem glad you found it 😊

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is no longer valid, a day after a refund the option on the return list to leave feedback has now been removed 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you wish to leave appropriate feedback (calm, factual) and the links you usually use have vanished, go to anyone's Feedback Profile (click on the Feedback Score in parentheses following anyone's User ID) and scroll to the bottom of the page to find a link that usually works to leave feedback for cancelled transactions.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply