cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Ebay bucks. Really?

No more Ebay bucks. Only your special offers or the Mastercard. I never like your offers, and who needs to take out more debt. Who came up with this one? The Ebaybucks program gave a little bit back and was an incentive to buy. I guess you like less sales. Less sales means less bucks for sellers and you.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: No more Ebay bucks. Really?

As a shopper, I'd much rather have seen the Guaranteed Delivery Date gimmick go away. Wait for it...

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I am very close to dropping eBay all together now. I have been a member since 1999. But this is the last straw. Bad enough they make us pay state tax on everything, and its usually higher than using Amazon, etc. Really dumb eBay.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

"an incentive to buy" --- Yep, now I can go elsewhere on many, many items I would have bought here - So be it. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@manzari472000 wrote:

No more Ebay bucks. Only your special offers or the Mastercard. I never like your offers, and who needs to take out more debt. Who came up with this one? The Ebaybucks program gave a little bit back and was an incentive to buy. I guess you like less sales. Less sales means less bucks for sellers and you.

There are reasons to get a credit card besides adding debt. In fact, if you're smart, you never use a credit card to add debt. I have an eBay-branded CC; I pay it off every month (i.e. it costs me nothing), and I get 3% on every $ I spend here (and 5% after spending $1,000 for the year). Beats the heck out of 1%.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

"Careful consideration"

Okay eBay.  Sure it was.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Yes., there are reasons to get a credit card. A few . Not twenty, forty, fifty.  Or pushed into it by Ebay. The Ebay bucks gave buyers a little back. I have cards that return to me. I do not  need another one. I liked the Ebay bucks. Looked like they cared a little about the buyer. I found their note sent to me about this change to be insulting. You can tell them that since I am sure you work for Ebay since you message to me is so polished.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

That is not only an insulting and disastrous decision for buyers but sellers also.  Sellers rely on buyers having incentives, and ebay just throws everyone under the bus for profits for themselves.  Good Grief what is wrong with this company that they make such asinine decisions.   They must have 10 year old kid running the place or a bunch California pinheads.  

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@manzari472000 wrote:

Yes., there are reasons to get a credit card. A few . Not twenty, forty, fifty.  Or pushed into it by Ebay. The Ebay bucks gave buyers a little back. I have cards that return to me. I do not  need another one. I liked the Ebay bucks. Looked like they cared a little about the buyer. I found their note sent to me about this change to be insulting. You can tell them that since I am sure you work for Ebay since you message to me is so polished.

ROFL, thanks! You're hilarious.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I HEAR YOU.   I know a huge seller who is going out of business because of their stupid GDD rules.  EBAY treats every seller like were Amazon

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Totally agree! I’ve been an active eBay buyer for many years and already I am buying less on eBay since there’s no incentive w/o earning eBucks! I can buy the same things elsewhere and earn cashback or credits.  Not a smart change. This will lower sales for both sellers and eBay.  

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I've always been under the impression that points on Ebay's credit card did not translate into dollars the same way that other cards do. I thought that you're not actually getting 3% back. You're getting 3x points. But 100 points don't equal 1 dollar. What do 100 points equal in money? Thanks.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Anyway, I didn't earn any ebay Bucks in April because I only bought items that could not wait until there was a 5% deal. I haven't gone a month with no ebay Bucks since the beginning of the program 😞

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@mccamira wrote:

I've always been under the impression that points on Ebay's credit card did not translate into dollars the same way that other cards do. I thought that you're not actually getting 3% back. You're getting 3x points. But 100 points don't equal 1 dollar. What do 100 points equal in money? Thanks.

In most cases, you're right. But they put eBay gift cards on sale frequently, so if you buy them, you are getting $1 for 100 points.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

freeking tightwads - i guess i go amazon

Message 15 of 23
latest reply