cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Customer Support

I have sent an email and received a response that someone will get back to me, but it has been nearly a week and I've heard nothing.  That is not customer service.  This web site is finished.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: No More Customer Support

I suspect there is an enormous amount of emails to get through, so the process will be overwhelming, just as it is /has been for phone support for those who wait on the phone for an hour or 2 waiting to get through to support. I suspect eBay support is having to prioritise the emails...

This web site has millions of users...highly doubt "This web site is finished."; more likely to hear more & more of  "this seller is finished with this website"

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

I have sent an email and received a response that someone will get back to me, but it has been nearly a week and I've heard nothing.  That is not customer service.  This web site is finished.

That is unacceptable. I had to email ebay about a return issue and received a response at 2 a.m. pst. I wouldn't say ebay is "finished". I do hope your issue gets  resolved.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

After sending a 3rd email message in the past 7 days, I finally received my credit.  They need to add customer service employees ASAP.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Good luck with that one as we are in a pandemic. eBay says there support staff is now minimal due to this. This is the same with nearly every online or in store business. Give them a chance and they will respond back. They are overwhelmed for now. It is best to not send more than one message to them because it makes the problem even worse.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

"..Good luck with that one as we are in a pandemic.."...why?  PP, banks,Amazon and  other businesses responding with some delay, but responding...ebay has no live customer service..

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

They need to add customer service employees ASAP.

Most places around the world are under "shelter at home" mandates. How would eBay conduct interviews or provide training or anything else involved in hiring staff, much less provide a place for them to work? 

eBay call centers are hardly mission critical. You can't think they'd get an exemption of some kind for being available to answer buyers' questions about credits.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

General Reply:
eBay customer service is located in Manila, Philippines - and Manila is shut down - even most public transport is not running. They were given 72 hours to set up work from home arrangements, and most of the reps do not have the necessary infrastructure (internet access, etc.), so the numbers have been cut drastically.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Not surprised that organizations are not providing us with good customer service during these difficult days.

We must tolerate the inconvenience, & simply try to do the best we can.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

"..eBay customer service is located in Manila, Philippines .."....partially, but also in US...maybe it's a good time for companies to reconsider outsourcing... 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

"..eBay customer service is located in Manila, Philippines .."....partially, but also in US...maybe it's a good time for companies to reconsider outsourcing... 

@msha3839 

How would that help? Virtually the entire United States is shut down. I know one person who's going to work, and she's at a health care facility.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

As I posted already, had no problem contacting  multiple banks, paypal, Amazon, here in US...

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

This is exactly why eBay created this community the first place. For all of us to help ourselves. We ARE the customer service, lol!!!
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Not even an official response to this thread

Message 14 of 14
latest reply