cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next SiteWide Coupon?

Didn't expect to see one until the last couple of weeks of this quarter, but then they popped one last week.  Will there be another this week?

Any bets?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Next SiteWide Coupon?

My thoughts - I would like to say there will be one around Mother's Day or the end of the month - only because the number of people reporting no sales is increasing - and I think it has something to do with Ebay trying to work in the new payment system and it probably takes servers off-line or perhaps the new catalog is preventing more sales - so in the month they watch revenue numbers. If the numbers of 1) items listed, 2) items sold and 3) revenue are dropping - the company will have to do something to increase sales - how desperate they are will depend on if it is 15% or 20% on a mininum $30 or a $50 total purchase.

To me the only reason they added the % off was because there really is a decline in sale revenue.

Which is why many of the sellers here have added "stuff" to their watch lists and/or shopping cart in waiting for the next coupon day - why spend big bucks if you don't have to.  But then, on the other hand - this data gives Ebay a successful way of either directing sales and revenue when they need it or determining if buyers only purchase during a sale - thus the drop of 20% to 15% and knowing that buyers will still spend.  AT the moment - Ebay is eating the discount, but it might be another "new and improved" add on to either auctions or fixed listings in the future - placed on actual Sellers.

Okay - I am done......next guess on the subject?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Next SiteWide Coupon?

None today?

Last week was Friday, so I thought maybe ......

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Next SiteWide Coupon?

I expect one will roll out sooner rather than later, just because of the technical issues with the last 15% off coupon not working properly.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 4 of 4
latest reply