cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller not shipping, Ebay adjusting shipping times out further

Bought an item from a new seller last Tuesday who has not communicated anything, nor has apparently acknowleged the payment. When I paid, Ebay's estimated arrival was set for Thursday (May 10), then I noticed on Monday that it had been "adjusted" to Saturday May 12. Today I see it is now out to next Monday. I'm not interested in playing games. If I start an INR with Paypal now, will they refund my payment if the seller doesn't contact them, or am I risking my guarantee by filing too early?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New seller not shipping, Ebay adjusting shipping times out further

Nevermind. Paypal allowed me to cancel the transaction since the funds were unclaimed. Now to wait 10+ days for refund. 😕

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need to wait until the may 10th estimated delivery at least.   You don't know that the seller hasn't shipped it and if you file with PayPal you lose your filing with ebays option so if you get sometning not as described you would be on the hook for return shipping with PayPal.  

If if the date is changing it sounds like this is an active multi quantity listing?  It sounds like the date is changing to if you bought the item on the day you're looking at it 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Nevermind. Paypal allowed me to cancel the transaction since the funds were unclaimed. Now to wait 10+ days for refund. 😕

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@kensmith1966614 wrote:

Sounds like a wrong email address was in the eBay details.   Shouldn't take 10+ days for the funds to release from your bank 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I had the same thing happen - only I cancelled after no response from the seller within the week - and got my funds back immediately (paypal balance - not a credit card).  Of course - I tried contacting the seller multiple times - gave up, had Ebay ask for a invoice - NADA - if the seller does not reply in 2 weeks with a payment being claimed or a response - time to move on - I am seeing more of this - newbies thinking they can make money - but they forget they listed any good until cancelled listings - perhaps that is why Ebay deletes them if the Seller goes AWOL.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply