cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing has incorrect condition - Brand New when already opened

Hi.  I noticed this listing I am competing with is listed as Brand new when in fact it is opened.  How do I report the violation of eBay selling rules to eBay to get the seller to change the listing.  I don't see an option that matches when I click report this item.  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Listing has incorrect condition - Brand New when already opened

Doesn't the listing state that it is in an already opened box?  What make you think that the item is not new?  If the item is new but the box has been opened, as stated in the listing, I don't think that you have a SNAD nor anything to report.  The item would be as described.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

What leads you to believe the item is not Brand New?  Please give us more information.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@bri4jenn,

While we all understand that eBay's rather narrow item condition of New says "new unused item in unopened box... ".  The fact that a box may have been opened does not mean the item itself has been used.  Many times people have to open boxes to photograph an item, if there are no ebay compatible stock photos to use.  Someone may receive something as a gift, open the box look at it and put it away, then list it sometime later. If they did not unwrap it, plug it in, lose included accessories or printed materials.  Then to most it qualifies as new. For some reason, ebay does not allow "New Other" to be used in many categories where it would be helpful.

FYI, one report from a competing seller will not get an item removed, or a warning sent to a seller.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply