cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

I bought an item that had a Buy It Now for $50 + shipping and paid for it. The seller sent a refund about two hours later stating they didn't have the item in stock. Yet, the same item was relisted later that day for $25 more than what they originally asked for it. I messaged the seller about it and their excuse was, " we get inventory in everyday." 

So in other words, the seller listed it low, decided they wanted more money, lied to me about not having the item then relisted it for higher. I'll never do business with them again.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

What was the official reason for the cancellation?

If the seller cancelled using the "out of stock" option, he gave himself a MAJOR account defect. One or two more times and he will no longer be selling here. He reported himself, shot himself in the foot and may be close to ending his selling career.

If he lied about the reason of the cancellation - if he used "problem with buyer's address" or "buyer requested", then he LIED about the reason and should be reported.

To report the seller go here:  https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022   scroll to the blue "report seller" button and click. The next page click "The seller has violated one of eBay’s policies", and on the next page enter the seller's ID and click "Seller doesn’t want to complete the sale". In the comments box let Ebay know what happened.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

He put "out of stock" as the reason which I know is a lie because this is item is an out of print game that is hard to find. It's obvious the seller wanted more money because this game, just happened to show up to be relisted at a higher price, just a few hours after the seller canceled my order.

I actually had another item in my cart from this seller, but deleted it and bought it from someone else so this seller lost out on another sell.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@dogofwar777 That's very unfortunate and not the correct thing to do by that seller. Unfortunately, eBay cannot force a seller to complete an order, but this seller will get a defect for canceling a transaction for that reason. If they get enough of these their selling account can be suspended. In the meantime, you are allowed to leave appropriate feedback for the seller canceling and re-listing the item at a higher price. Go to your purchase history and at the top underneath Orders click on show hidden items. Just make sure your feedback follows the protocols so that the seller doesn't get it removed. No name calling and don't write beware of seller or use all caps. Just state your opinion and be done with this. Go find this item with another honest seller. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

What makes me mad the most is I have done lots of business with this seller in the past and they pull this on me. They have items I want, but would rather pay more to other sellers than to give this seller anymore of my business. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@dogofwar777,

As lamber wrote, the seller will receive a defect on their account just for the cancellation.  However, relisting the same item with a higher price is a reportable offence. 

Use the link below to contact ebay.  On the first page use the blue  Report seller button.

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username,  select Other, then in the text box write.

The seller selected out of stock as the reason for canceling. When questioned they said "we get new stock in daily", but this is an out of production game, which was relisted a few hours later (with the same photos/description?) at a higher price

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022

The seller probably thinks they are in the clear but that report may cost them another policy defect, the transaction fees for the cancelled transaction, and possibly a lower seller rating or worse. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. I just reported them. Don't know if ebay will care or do anything, but it felt good getting it off my chest. I can't stand dishonest sellers. If they were smart, after canceling the order, they should of waited a week at least before relisting it at a higher price, then their excuse about getting inventory in everyday might of held up, but relisting it hours after you canceled the sell at a higher price, it makes them look bad.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Understood but the advantage for you is that now you know who this seller really is. No reason to give them anymore of your business regardless of what they list. If you do decide to purchase from them again, now you know how they act, and you can prepare yourself accordingly. Best of luck to you....

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@dogofwar777 wrote:

Thank you. I just reported them. Don't know if ebay will care or do anything, but it felt good getting it off my chest. I can't stand dishonest sellers. If they were smart, after canceling the order, they should of waited a week at least before relisting it at a higher price, then their excuse about getting inventory in everyday might of held up, but relisting it hours after you canceled the sell at a higher price, it makes them look bad.

Reporting will likely do no good as the seller already received a defect for OOS.

But never buying from them again will hurt more anyway, much better seller's are out there.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yup! I already bought the items they were selling from other sellers. They lost out on money and their items are still up for sale with no takers so far.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

pantsfire.jpg

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 11
latest reply