cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item search USA ONLY

When searching for an item to buy or bid on I select USA only.  Sadly overseas Hong-Kong is figured out a way to trick people last 2 items I bought said they were in the US turns out it's from Hong-Kong how do we set the search up so it's USA Sadly overseas Hong-Kong is figured out a way to trick people last 2 items I bought said they were in the US turns out it's from Hong-Kong how do we set the search up so it's USA sellers only?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item search USA ONLY

@bobg72903,

It is not China who is responsible for the problem, it is ebay knowing that chinese sellers misrepresent their item locations and keep letting them get away with it.  Be eBay helped many China based sellers register in this country hoping they would move product here to speed up shipping times.  It didn't work because those sellers couldn't compete with the ones based in China.  Their Govt, couldn't subsidize shipping and they had to pay import fees to stock warehouses, and then the overhead of business in the U.S..  Since you can't always go by what you see on a listing, or at a glance on a feedback profile page, I use a list of things that can help weed some out.   One place to begin is not to use price: lowest first, as your main search filter.

Indications on listing pages;

1. Item location not giving a city or state Ex. Ca. /USA, Many places USA, USA/USA.
  2. Extended delivery or handling time frames. Especially, from supposed U.S. based sellers.
  3. Very low prices w/ Free shipping
  4. American flag symbols and many statements of being a U.S. Seller
  5. The same photos and listing templates used by many other sellers
  6. Measurements that are both metric and inches.
  7. Use of Asian models in photos
  8. Use of brand names in titles and/or photos, but not in item specifics.
  9. Verbiage in descriptions that do not sound like they were written by a person whose first language is English

On feedback profile pages;

1. Country of registration ... sometimes.
  2. Very high volume seller registered between 2010 and now.
  3. Feedback percentages below 98.9%
  4. Neutral and negative feedback sometimes in the hundreds  (you can click on those numbers to read only those comments)  look for slow shipping, non delivery,  partial orders received, use of fake tracking numbers, items shipped from China comments, as well as the poor quality ones.
  5. Very high feedback number, but only a few hundred items sold in the last 12 months.  The seller probably switches between accounts, when one gets too many negatives.
  6. Replies to non positive feedback that indicate English is not the persons first language
  7. Repetitive replies to non-positive feedback
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

‎02-04-2021 03:26 PM

When searching for an item to buy or bid on I select USA only. Where do you select USA only? I did not see it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Where do you select USA only? I did not see it.

If you are searching using a desktop browser, on the search results page scroll down the left side of the page and you should see an Item location filter:

eburtonlab_1-1655056753078.png

If you are using the eBay app, look under the Filter section.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

mudshark61369

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Leman-andrz

Message 6 of 6
latest reply