cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received, refund refused even though tracking shows it was shipped a day before purchase

I placed an $18 dollar order for an item that was not received. The tracking number shows it was allegedly shipped a day before I purchased it! Even though the item was over a thousand miles away, that tracking number shows I received it the day after the purchase. Ebay "resolved" it in favor of the buyer, even though the tracking number shows it was shipped a day before the purchase. I have been a Buyer/Seller on Ebay for 24 years with a 100% rating the entire time. I have appealed the decision but if I don't receive a refund, this will be the last purchase I make on the site. The seller has a 97% rating. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item not received, refund refused even though tracking shows it was shipped a day before purchase

@chiefy3,

The biggest issue with ebay's automated Item Not Received system is that it is not programmed to check dates or zip codes. It only searches tracking for a delivered scan.

When you appealed I hope your message to the rep, who picks up the case, gave out the label created date and the delivery date and asked them to check the tracking number to verify those dates, otherwise you may lose again.  If the appeal gets turned down let us know because there is still one option left.

FYI, if the seller is a high volume one you should have hit the back button when you saw a 97% rating. Never go by a percentage alone, always check a seller's feedback profile page before buying from them.  You should have done that for the 3rd one down on your list.  I've never seen so many red dots.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@chiefy3,

The biggest issue with ebay's automated Item Not Received system is that it is not programmed to check dates or zip codes. It only searches tracking for a delivered scan.

When you appealed I hope your message to the rep, who picks up the case, gave out the label created date and the delivery date and asked them to check the tracking number to verify those dates, otherwise you may lose again.  If the appeal gets turned down let us know because there is still one option left.

FYI, if the seller is a high volume one you should have hit the back button when you saw a 97% rating. Never go by a percentage alone, always check a seller's feedback profile page before buying from them.  You should have done that for the 3rd one down on your list.  I've never seen so many red dots.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info and your reply.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Update, Ebay reversed it decision and has refunded my money. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Good for you, glad it all worked out.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the assistance.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply