cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item doesn’t say shipped on order page but says it’s been shipped when I go to cancel it

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue where an item doesn’t say shipped but you go to support and it says the seller already shipped the item? In my head it doesn’t make sense bc if eBay knows, regardless if there’s a tracking number, why hasn't it either notified me or shown it has been shipped?  The seller is new too and replied to me immediately when I first asked a question about it and thought it would be okay to take the gamble bc it’s the only listing I could find for it

and worse case scenario I just ask eBay for a refund but now I’m not getting any replies or updates on it.

Thank you to anyone who replies! 

IMG_2646.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item doesn’t say shipped on order page but says it’s been shipped when I go to cancel it

@lpsprincess14,

"The seller is new too and replied to me immediately when I first asked a question about it and thought it would be okay to take the gamble bc it’s the only listing I could find for it".

The seller being new, is most likely the reason for the problem. Many if not most new sellers do not read far enough into ebay's getting started info to know that ebay places a 21-30 day hold on all new sellers first few sales. On their account they see the payment status marked as Pending and may create a shipping label, but do not ship, thinking the funds haven't been received. They may not be responding to your messages because they think you may be trying to scam them somehow. 

Try messaging the seller again and tell them if they have not shipped the item because of the payment Pending status, to do  google searches for;

"Payments on hold, ebay" and then "How does ebay know when to release funds".

The first search result explains why the payment is marked as Pending. The second one explains how to get the funds released.

You replied to 12345jamestamps;  "It’s coming from inside of the US". 

There are a lot of sellers actually located outside the U.S. or drop ship from out side of the country. They may give a domestic service's tracking number, but it will not update until it arrives in the U.S., clears customs and is given to the domestic carrier for final delivery.  One indication of those types of sellers is the use of American flag symbols and several mentions of being a U.S. seller.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay knows...is it something coming outside the USA? From another country? 

And...are you using your computer or your cellphone eBay app?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It’s coming from inside of the US and I’m using my phone eBay app but my computer says the same 🙂

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There's likely been a lag updating the shipped status in the transaction. But it honestly doesn't matter. Cancellations are at the seller's discretion even if the package hasn't shipped. You can't ask eBay for a refund until the day after the last estimated delivery date indicated in your purchase history. If the package hasn't arrived by then, go to your purchase history and select 'I haven't received it' under More actions to open a case under eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lpsprincess14,

"The seller is new too and replied to me immediately when I first asked a question about it and thought it would be okay to take the gamble bc it’s the only listing I could find for it".

The seller being new, is most likely the reason for the problem. Many if not most new sellers do not read far enough into ebay's getting started info to know that ebay places a 21-30 day hold on all new sellers first few sales. On their account they see the payment status marked as Pending and may create a shipping label, but do not ship, thinking the funds haven't been received. They may not be responding to your messages because they think you may be trying to scam them somehow. 

Try messaging the seller again and tell them if they have not shipped the item because of the payment Pending status, to do  google searches for;

"Payments on hold, ebay" and then "How does ebay know when to release funds".

The first search result explains why the payment is marked as Pending. The second one explains how to get the funds released.

You replied to 12345jamestamps;  "It’s coming from inside of the US". 

There are a lot of sellers actually located outside the U.S. or drop ship from out side of the country. They may give a domestic service's tracking number, but it will not update until it arrives in the U.S., clears customs and is given to the domestic carrier for final delivery.  One indication of those types of sellers is the use of American flag symbols and several mentions of being a U.S. seller.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply