cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item as not described and case on hold

So I got tv as not described. Not smart, not new, just a refurbished trash. I requested a return, but seller said there is nothing wrong with tv. I escalated the case to eBay and they placed the case on hold until May 25. It’s May 25 and seller contacted me yesterday (only once!) to let me know that I can return the tv to his warehouse, but of course he didn’t provide me a shipping label or shipping cost return he was obligated to.  I’m not sure what I can do now. How to involve eBay now? I sent them email, but no response. I can’t contact them via website because there is only history of my case and of course requesting to close the case if case is resolved. It’s not, I don’t know how to contact them directly. This case can be on hold forever as it is May 25 and I have no option to react. Also they can put it on another hold. Is it a good time to contact my credit card company to dispute my order? Please, anyone has a good solution how to involve eBay now since the case is escalated and on hold? This tv is not worth all this stress I’m going through now. The shipping back for my cost will cost me the same as I paid for tv, so it’s pointless. I was scammed and 100% buyer guarantee is 100% seller guarantee now. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Item as not described and case on hold

IMG_7148.png

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@lovingroger2020,

At some point today exactly 3 full days after you opened the dispute,  in the case summary an Ask eBay to step in button will show up.  When it does use the button, and because the seller has not provided a return shipping label ebay should issue a refund, without you having to return the TV,  which may take between 3-6 days to be credited to your account, because of the holiday weekend.

If you open a dispute with your credit card provider before the Ask ebay to step in appears.  eBay will close the case, and you'll have to go through the process again w/ your card provider, and you will have to return the TV on your own dime.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Did you read any of the replies you received when you asked about this twice in the past? 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes. I waited long enough as everyone told me. it’s May 25 and I have no idea how to ask eBay to step in again, because the case is still on hold.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I opened dispute long time ago. I waited 3 days after disputing my order. I escalated the case to eBay and they gave 5 more days to scammer seller . Now, it’s May 25 and I don’t know how to contact anyone from eBay since the button doesn’t show up. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

When you return to the case you opened, there should be an option to ask eBay to step in.

It has to have been exactly three full days since you opened the case.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

"I opened dispute long time ago. I waited 3 days after disputing my order. I escalated the case to eBay and they gave 5 more days to scammer seller . Now, it’s May 25 and I don’t know how to contact anyone from eBay since the button doesn’t show up". 

@lovingroger2020,

You posted this at 3:00am this morning, the 5 days will end around the time ebay sent the message about giving the seller a 5 day extension. It should be time stamped.  If you open the dispute page from your ebay summary the reason for the extra five days should be in it.  If there is an add more info or message option, add a message saying the seller said they would accept a return, but did not send a return shipping label.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ok thank you. I already gave up. I’m just going to give it to someone who needs tv more than me, and I buy a new and smart one in regular store. It’s my first time like forever to open a case against seller and I always got money after 3 days, but of course I involved eBay maybe 3-4 times during 12 years here and It was never on hold. 
As a seller I’ve never had a case opened against me, so not sure how to process with that hold. Gonna wait another 3 days and hopefully seller will agree for paying the return  shipping. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

Ok thank you. I already gave up. I’m just going to give it to someone who needs tv more than me, and I buy a new and smart one in regular store. It’s my first time like forever to open a case against seller and I always got money after 3 days, but of course I involved eBay maybe 3-4 times during 12 years here and It was never on hold. 
As a seller I’ve never had a case opened against me, so not sure how to process with that hold. Gonna wait another 3 days and hopefully seller will agree for paying the return  shipping. 

Why after this amount of time are you giving up? 

Go to the case now and there should be an option to have ebay step in. It should work now.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I’m just going to give it to someone who needs tv more than me, and I buy a new and smart one in regular store.  Ok

Gonna wait another 3 days and hopefully seller will agree for paying the return  shipping.   Huh?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

So in those 12 years, you've never seen a case on hold for 5 days? like when 4 years ago, you wrote this: 

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

I can call to ebay and cancel my order because seller didnt ship an item - no tracking number etc, etc. I did it before. But I need to wait for respond and ebay will give him five days for an answer. And I'm afraid that in this time he will give me a tracking number and ebay would close the case. 

Has eBay forced your refund already @lovingroger2020 when the 5 days on hold ran out, exactly at the same hour and minute 5 days ago when eBay sent you the "We have sent you an email" message?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It's not three days. It's 72 hours.

To the second because that's how computers work.

If you tried after only 71 hours and 59 minutes, you would not be able to ask eBay to step in.

But at 72 hours and one minute, you could.

----------

'And then there’s quantum, of course.’  The monk sighed.  ‘There’s always bloody quantum.'  -- Terry Pratchett
Message 13 of 13
latest reply