cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it legal?

Okay, I was looking at the firearms category and noticed a seller has gun parts for sale. is that legal? They are mostly rifle parts but I thought there were some tough gun laws for re-selling gun parts.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is it legal?

Yeah, gun parts should be illegal.  You never know when that box of miscellaneous gun parts in the basement will go all Transformers-like, assemble themselves into a 200 ft tall Assault Weapon, and then shoot up every school, church, and disco within a 50 mile radius.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is it legal?

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-weapons-knives-policy?id=427...

Some weapons can't be listed on eBay due to strict federal and state government regulations and international laws banning the sale of these items. Please review the list of items below to find out what you can and can't sell on eBay.

For allowed weapons and weapon-related accessories, sellers have to follow our guidelines, as well as meet the following requirements:

• The item is listed only on the eBay US site
  • The seller and the item are located in the US
  • The seller offers only domestic shipping for the item, since international shipping would make the item available in countries where it might be prohibited
  • The item complies with California law on the sale of weapons

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is it legal?

@rspencer9,

Even during the worst of the Obama administration, gun parts were able to be sold on ebay, under the conditions listed earlier.  About the only things that cannot be listed are conversion kits to turn a semi auto weapon into a full auto weapon.  The laws covering gun parts are not strict, no identification or back ground check has ever been needed to purchase parts. Even whole functioning BB guns can be sold in the site again. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Is it legal?

Do you have some items you want to sell, searching for, or simply anti-gun? All of the listings I have seen are perfectly legitimate. About the only gun part that would be illegal without sending to an ATF dealer for pickup would be the lower receiver. Now, your state laws may vary, whereas in say, California, I am not sure it is even legal for you to be looking at the pictures.  🙂

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is it legal?

You can pretty much sell any gun parts on ebay besides the aforementioned semi to auto.  You have stocks, barrels and pretty much everything else available.  I have been working on an old Winchester I got the barrel and a few other parts for.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is it legal?

It was just a question ... that's all.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply