cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is all feedbacks from buyers permanent once posted

I clearly made a mistake on leaving a negative feedback on one of purchases. I contacted the seller to ask for a feedback revise form. He told me once feedback is left. There's no changing it. It's permanent once feedback is post. I wanted to show him I was clearly wrong and wanted to change me feedback to a positive feedback. But like I said he's saying you can't change feedbacks once posted. Is this true or false. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/viewing-changing-feedback?id=4031

But may I just say . . . Wow. In two years as an eBay member, you've posted 25 feedback comments for sellers. Of those, 14 were positive, 6 were negative, and 5 were neutral (for 11 non-positive comments).

In the 20 years I've been an eBay member, I have left three neutral feedback comment for a seller. I'd say one of us is doing something wrong.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I just don't comment on everything I buy off of here. Yes I leave negative and neutral comments only when I needed to. And I jumped the gun on the moment recent one. I've been scammed more than once. I'm getting tired of it okay. Sorry. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Also the seller is telling me that you can't request a revision feedback form so I could change my comment from a negative one to a positive one. He's said once posted it's permanent. There's no way to change it. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@nicodombrothers0416-7 wrote:

I just don't comment on everything I buy off of here. Yes I leave negative and neutral comments only when I needed to. And I jumped the gun on the moment recent one. I've been scammed more than once. I'm getting tired of it okay. Sorry. 

You need to do a better job selecting your sellers. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Some buyers seem to be scam magnets....

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

If you read the neutral and negative comments, the OP hasn't been "scammed" in the sense we usually think of on these discussion boards. S/he's had some transactions s/he may not have been 100% pleased with, but for him/her to claim s/he'd been "scammed" is a stretch.

The OP hasn't mentioned whether s/he's had the issues with sellers resolved via refunds or returns or what have you. None of the feedback comments reflect any kind of resolution of the issues s/he's claiming. If a buyer is not satisfied and files a return/refund request that is accepted by the seller, and all goes smoothly, adding on negative feedback is, in my opinion, out of line.

People can, of course, post whatever feedback they find appropriate.

OP also made a negative comment in one of the positive feedback posts.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Also the seller is telling me that you can't request a revision feedback form so I could change my comment from a negative one to a positive one. He's said once posted it's permanent. There's no way to change it. 

Your original post said, "But like I said he's saying you can't change feedbacks once posted. Is this true or false."

It is false.

I gave you a link for the eBay help page regarding feedback revisions. Did you read it? If you choose to believe the seller instead of eBay, that's fine, But then, if that's the case, I'm not sure why you started a thread asking the question.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

So it's on him. If he refuses to send me a feedback revise form. So I could change my comment on his feedback section. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Yep. Every seller should be aware of the feedback revision request procedure. If he doesn't, I guess you could say, "it's on him."

Although, you could also send him the same link I sent you so he could inform himself of the proper procedure and get the comment removed. Up to you and your conscience, I guess.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

In all fairness, I have been on ebay for many,many years and never left negative feedback (times I should have!!!!) honestly I was more focused on getting my money back (which I have done more in the past 2 years ,than all 20 combined) Feedback can be revised once as said, but the seller is given a few feedback revision forms and might not want to use them (or dont know how). High volume sellers really dont worry about feedback cause they get so much

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@lynnscollectiblesnstuff wrote:

In all fairness, I have been on ebay for many,many years and never left negative feedback (times I should have!!!!) honestly I was more focused on getting my money back (which I have done more in the past 2 years ,than all 20 combined) Feedback can be revised once as said, but the seller is given a few feedback revision forms and might not want to use them (or dont know how). High volume sellers really dont worry about feedback cause they get so much

seems like 4 of the negs where for older electronics ....as someone who bought 13 phones here i could tell you theres a higher of percentage of things likely to be wrong than with other items. the OP needs to try resolve issues and perhaps not leave any feedback at all if he could get them resolved. To many negs left will hurt himself in the long run.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I was lied to on the century link modem, the Xbox. one of the phones I bought on was new out of the package faulty. Had a manufacturer defect. Seller refused to knowledge it and refund my money back. I didn't realize that the century link modem was a discontinued model. And century link won't accept it. The seller never did refund the whole payment back. The Xbox 360 was described to be in great condition. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It showed up here. Cracked console in multiple places and a broken wireless controller. I contacted the seller. He completely ignored me. The coffee single serve coffee maker show up here water logged. I was surprised it even turned on. I've been here for years. I just don't always leave comments. Nothing wrong 95% of the stuff I received off of eBay. Okay. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

So, are you filing SNAD cases, returning the items (if required), and getting refunds?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@nicodombrothers0416-7

So I could change my comment on his feedback section. 

If the seller doesn't care to have your FB changed, you can still leave a Response to his or your FB indefinitely. 

Scroll down to the bottom of your FB page. The link is there.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply