cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International buyer, woe upon you.

Buying from seller with Global shipping program may sound easy enough, so i decided it give it chance.

I bought a item that was somewhat diffcult to find in my country. I made the purchase and immediately paid for the item. So far everything worked out nicely. However, day after the purchase seller cancelled my order without any initiative from me. I received a refund, but only partial one. Partial refund was probably the item + shipping, other part was probably import fees and such. without any word from Ebay, anyones guess is good as mine.

Only after i asked, seller stated that there was no shipping address provided. This is curious, because i have just recently updated my address information, and i have made successfull purchases from other sellers (not with Global shipping program)

In order details i have my shipping address clearly indicated,  so is it difficult to believe that the seller would not have received shipping information at all.

I am lead to believe that either something went wrong, or seller was inexperienced with Global shipping, or just cancelled my order due some other reason (stated reason being either a excuse, or lie).

Asking about this from Ebay would be a good start, but since i was already partially refunded can not escalate this. It seems that customer service is good only if you have problem with one the predetermined subjects. If one has difficult or perhaps unique problem, you need to put some effort to get response from Ebay.

Instead of wasting my time and effort with Ebays labyrinth of automated responses, i took the Paypal route instead. Eventually i received refund from Paypal, no thanks to the seller or Ebay.

I did not get the item i wanted, and i might have lost some money too if i had not taken initiave. I do not think i am going use global shipping program anytime soon.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: International buyer, woe upon you.

@kmxq wrote:

I do not think i am going use global shipping program anytime soon.

Why? The problem was created by your seller not ebay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@kmxq wrote:

However, day after the purchase seller cancelled my order without any initiative from me.

I received a refund, but only partial one. Partial refund was probably the item + shipping, other part was probably import fees and such. 

Only after i asked, seller stated that there was no shipping address provided.

Isn't it actually a problem created by eBay

-- since eBay 1. did not automatically refund the import fees and such

-- when the seller cancelled and refunded item + shipping, and

-- replaced the OP's address with 2. no shipping address

-- so that the seller now had nowhere to ship the item

-- when it 3. should've shown the GSP address,

-- moreso as eBay 4. doesn't have a GSP?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How does one get a partial refund from either seller or eBay and then a refund from(PayPal)?...

I can only assume a dispute with their bank credit card which is where PayPal comes into play.

PayPal is usually just a paying source. Just curious.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@kako_5344 wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

@kmxq wrote:

However, day after the purchase seller cancelled my order without any initiative from me.

I received a refund, but only partial one. Partial refund was probably the item + shipping, other part was probably import fees and such. 

Only after i asked, seller stated that there was no shipping address provided.

Isn't it actually a problem created by eBay

-- since eBay did not automatically refund the import fees and such

-- when the seller cancelled and refunded item + shipping, and

-- replaced the OP's address with no shipping address

-- so that the seller had nowhere to ship the item

-- when it should've shown the GSP address,

-- moreso as eBay doesn't have a GSP?

All of that is because of the seller.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply