cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident police report

I just received an email from eBay saying I need to file an incident report with my local police department to receive a refund..the tracking says it's delivered but I never received the item I paid 264 for an iPhone 8 plus 64 GB what should I do in this situation? Should I go thru with it and file the report?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Incident police report

@shameicolive_0 

IF you want eBay to help you out, help them by following the instructions they sent you. 

Good Luck with your appeal.  

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

I'm doing exactly that thank u so much

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

I did that and I have the screenshot of the confirmation ID

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

"To allow us to proceed, we need you to file an incident report with your local police or law enforcement agency to confirm that there is a problem. Filing an incident report is generally free of charge and easy to do."

This sounds like a generic response. Ebay's position has always been that if tracking shows delivery then the seller is protected.

What is the incident to file with police?

That a package was delivered, and tracking shows proof of delivery to you, but you can't find it?

I am just trying to understand why this is a law enforcement matter.

Or maybe there is more to this story?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

@wesk_36 wrote:

"To allow us to proceed, we need you to file an incident report with your local police or law enforcement agency to confirm that there is a problem. Filing an incident report is generally free of charge and easy to do."

This sounds like a generic response. Ebay's position has always been that if tracking shows delivery then the seller is protected.

What is the incident to file with police?

That a package was delivered, and tracking shows proof of delivery to you, but you can't find it?

I am just trying to understand why this is a law enforcement matter.

This is most often requested by eBay to show the item wasnt shipped to the op but an address in the zip code 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

"What is the incident to file with police?"

Missing delivered mail.

But you hit the nail squarely on the head: generic, form response.

It's jumping through the hoops to get things done. And it's a bid of eBay shifting responsibility away from themselves.

Cheers

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

I beg to diiffer on the issue of tracking numbers... I am a legitimate seller on Ebay and sent an item to a person in Boyton Beach Fla.  The item was scanned and sent to correct address. The buy refused to answer any of my questions regarding the filing of a second police report... the first one was not filled out properly and they claimed it insufficient . I told her to file it again. I never heard back from this buyer who has been reported to fraud dept at Ebay. They have told me her account was removed by Ebay.   Now , I got word today from Ebay that she will get her money back BECAUSE   the priorty mailing did not have signature confirmation.  I do not use Ebay pre-printed postage which would have autmatically , I am told, would ask for signature confirmation due to it being over $750.  I asked during the appeal process what are my options?  What is the point of signature confirmation on items that are $300, $400, $500??  She lives in a gated community?  She never went and filed a subsequent police report but now I will  get the postal inspection service involved... this is a felony.  She live there according to records on Ebay and tax office.  Shameful that Ebay does not support selllers. It's a fallacy.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Incident police report

You are totally correct on the shifting of the blame off of Ebay.  I have verifiable proof my parcel ,priorty mailing was delivered to her address of record, scanned and place in the  mail box... not on steps. Tracking proves nothing to Ebay... and I know you all know this.  I spoke to the postal supervisor at her station in Fla.  and you would think she would have come there to find out ... never did ask but called up the PO  hot line number and said I had to file a tracer.  I did .. twice.    When she has done nothing to find out what happened it smells of fraud on her end.  

Message 23 of 23
latest reply