cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been trying to pay for an item with PayPal, and the payment isn't going through.

I've tried several times to pay for an item with PayPal just a few minutes ago, and my payment isn't going through.     It just keeps going to PayPal Wallet.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I've been trying to pay for an item with PayPal, and the payment isn't going through.

Hi @pinkicelady 

If you are trying to use a PayPal balance you will have to contact them.  If you are trying to use a backup payment method like a credit card you may have to check with the card company or make sure your card information is up to date like the expiration date, code on teh back, etc. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I've been trying to pay for an item with PayPal, and the payment isn't going through.

Hi @pinkicelady 

If you are trying to use a PayPal balance you will have to contact them.  If you are trying to use a backup payment method like a credit card you may have to check with the card company or make sure your card information is up to date like the expiration date, code on teh back, etc. 

Regards,
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It resolved itself.    I've been using PayPal for years, and I know how to use it.    It was just some sort of glitch with PayPal.    But thanks for trying to help anyhow.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had the same thing happen today when trying to make a purchase using paypal credit which is my default pay method on ebay.  I tried to buy the item 6 times and it kept glitching back to the "wallet".  Finally just put in my PP credit card number like any other CC payment and it went through.  Very weird.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

My wife also having this very same problem today, Monday Aug. 14th.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@pinkicelady wrote:

It resolved itself.    I've been using PayPal for years, and I know how to use it.    It was just some sort of glitch with PayPal.    But thanks for trying to help anyhow.

@pinkicelady   You are more than welcome and glad it resolved itself ... my suggestion was based on my own experience when a card expires ... one has to go and update all accounts it is registered with for payment ... that's somewhat of a pain ... 

Regards,
Message 6 of 6
latest reply