cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think the seller pulled a quick one on me

I purchased a watch from a seller in Ukraine. I initially sent him an offer on September 25th, which he declined. On Sept. 26th i sent another offer which he accepted and I paid for the watch on 27th. The watch just arrived and it came without a bracelet. I looked at the listing and noticed that it was edited (description) on Sept. 26th,  between my first offer that he rejected and  before I paid for the watch after he accepted my second offer. All the pictures show the watch with a bracelet. When scrolling down, I've noticed it says "selling without bracelet" which I do not remember reading when I first came up on the listing. It looks awkwardly out of place as well. You add information like that at the very top of the description, not at the very bottom after you say "great for your collection". I do remember reading the description several times over and do not remember the statement of the watch being sold without the bracelet. I would definitely have noticed and take it into consideration. I think the seller got offended by my first offer and pulled a quick one on me by editing the description. I see no reason why he would have pictures of the watch with the bracelet on if he is selling it without a bracelet.

Is there a way to see the original listing before the edit? eBay should show us what was actually edited so we have proof.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: I think the seller pulled a quick one on me

It's possible he did not realize he didn't include that line in the description originally and that may have been the reasoning for him declining your first offer - he wanted the listing description to describe the item accurately (although he should have taken photos of the watch without the bracelet too). It does suck, but realistically it's on you for not reading the description again before purchasing. A seller can change the details of their item at any point before it is sold (as long as there are no active offers/bids).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply