cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got an invoice from Ebay Motors

Been doing business with Ebay for Years ..I Just now told her I bought 4 $200 Ebay cards but don't know how to pay. No reply yet! But I want this person badly any ideas on how?

She sent me this

Hi! I'm sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your interest, I'm the owner of the 1985 Chevy Winnebago 21 feet Class C, gas, 91k miles. This camper is in great shape. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, one owner, 21 feet long, sleeping capacity 4. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident... The title is in my name and is clear. I am selling it at this final price of $800 because my husband died 3 month ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings back bad memories. I decided to sell the house and so I moved to Fort Belvoir, VA trying to start a new life. That's the reason why I want to sell it asap and my last price is $800 including delivery to your home address. I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this camper, I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

If you are interested send me your full info (name, complete address and phone) so I can register you as a buyer and eBay will send you an email with the terms and conditions, with no obligation on buying it.Thank you for the interest and stay safe out there.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You'll never find them. They're probably somewhere in Laos in a boiler room  stealing pics from the internet and making up fraudulent ads. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@aholic_2 

SCAM

there is no winnebago.

do not give out any info to this scammer

FAKE INVOICE

not from eBay. Not how eBay works

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

MAJOR SCAM!!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

This is a classic scam. Ebay is never involved in transactions on other sites, nor will they ever ask you to pay with gift cards. Report the listing to whatever site you found it on. Hopefully you haven't sent the numbers from those gift cards. If so, your money is gone.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Its a SCAM. Do NOT give ANYONE the number on the ebay gift cards or your money is GONE and there is NO way to ever recover it!!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You'll never find them. They're probably somewhere in Laos in a boiler room  stealing pics from the internet and making up fraudulent ads. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

SCAM!!!   eBay will NEVER have you pay with a gift card.  

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@aholic_2,

Really, a 21' camper in good condition for only $800, these days?  That in and of its self should have been a warning that this was a scam, no matter what the sob story reason.  You have been an ebay member for 20 years and in all of that time did you ever see another item listed on another site like Craigs, Let Go, Marketplace that offered ebay protections?   You are lucky you did not send the scammer the card codes, but if you gave them all of the other personal information they requested, you may want to think about engaging a credit watch company.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@aholic_2 

Something else I forgot to mention earlier.  Any "ebay" phone number given to you by the seller will be to a partner of the scammer.  It will have a San Jose area code, but ebay does not have any customer service numbers at their headquarters.   Also the invoice you may have received will have a fake ebay item number either 11 or 13 characters long, instead of 12.  There is no free 5 shipping for a 5 day inspection. Vehicle shipping/delivery costs more than you are paying for the camper, even if it were driven to your door. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thank you all for your input> I guess I"ll never find this person or persons but **bleep** it I need to buy a credit report service until this blows over.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hello this just happened  to me. My name is heather. Did this lady givenu her name ? Or if she correspo des ro u it will have her email attached . Plz help me. Cause if her namenis ***

Ive found her and all of her aliases plz call me back *** ****  i already got the cops incolved and i will the go ernor and attorney  general. I told her i will find her and when i do she is gonna know what hell feels like. She toom me for a 1000

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@oelle-192   You really shouldn't be putting your phone number on a public discussion board.

If you want to chat with a specific member, click on their user ID and send them a message.  This is a very common scam which the police seem powerless to stop.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply