cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is ruining my business and everyone else’s with autopay on auctions. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT CONSENT

Autopay is horrible on auctions. We, nor anyone we know wants to pay full shipping when bidding on many items. We as sellers don’t want it, not do we want it as buyers.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay is ruining my business and everyone else’s with autopay on auctions. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT CONSENT

@bickler33 

We have half control. 

We as sellers, unless there is a recent change, can "opt out" of preauthorize autopay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

@bickler33 

We have half control. 

We as sellers, unless there is a recent change, can "opt out" of preauthorize autopay

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

hi @buyselljack2016 ,

i do understand this now, but was never informed until today, by another seller… like you. Ebay did not inform me, nor anyone else. We are all unable to bid on many items until other sellers become aware of this AFTER this, supposed to be, mega buying weekend. Ebay is losing money for everyone. Totally frustrating, on top of customer service being no help at all and NEVER following up. Very angry, but not at you… Thank you for your reply and have a wonderful weekend. 😎👊

Sincerely,

bickler33

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I've always thought auto-pay was a bad idea, but the buyer will have to pay eventually.  This was instituted to stop the problem of non paying buyers.  It seems to just have gotten people angry,

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

You have control. It’s easy…
Go into your buyer requirements and uncheck the box….Solved!

IMG_1068.jpeg

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Solved AFTER it cost me business, and still not solved for the sellers whom i had 20 different bids on 20 different items, which i have retracted and cannot bid on without an autopayment. They are not aware, losing bids right now, and probably won’t be back until Monday. Ebay did not inform me, nor to my knowledge anyone else. There is a plethora of posts on it now and we were not informed. 

Thank you for the reply and have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

bickler33

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Autopay is good, and bad.

Problem is of course that while applying it where it is desirable/needed cannot be separated from where it is undesirable/unneeded without action by the uninformed sellers.

I opted out months ago.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Problem resolved! We were able to get in contact with our friends hosting the auctions and they turned off the autopay. Of course plenty of others were able to get their multiple auctions in without prepaying all the shipping. They let us know that they have multiple people with 15 plus items waiting to be paid so they can combine shipping for them all. So… We were apparently in the “test group” for this, but it is baffling because we have never had an unpaid item… ever. Anyway, glad this got fixed for us, but ebay is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way with these uninformed changes. The friend/seller who just fixed the auctions let us know they are having problems with quite a few things with ebay right now and it is wasting there time and money. These guys are gigantic sellers too. i hope ebay steps it up, but we are not holding our breath. Still waiting on replies from customer service for 2 different cases that have been ongoing for OVER AN ENTIRE MONTH! Not a single follow up after having been told EVERY SINGLE TIME we would be contacted. SHEESH! Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone and have a blessed rest of your weekend!

Sincerely,

bickler33

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I believe the intent was to cut down on non payers. Ebay was trying to help but there is always a reaction to an action.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

And all they ended up doing was angering buyers who ALWAYS paid.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@4pawsup* wrote:

I believe the intent was to cut down on non payers. Ebay was trying to help but there is always a reaction to an action.

We all know what ebays intent was, but why punish buyers who were never part of the problem? When you **bleep** off buyers the end result will affect sellers, which we can see happening. I haven't made an offer since this auto-pay started and if they continue to go full throttle with auctions too, I'll be buying very little since that is 99% of what I buy on ebay. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

I love ❤️ it!

The 6-12 item piling up week after week super annoying..

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@bickler33 wrote:

Autopay is horrible on auctions. We, nor anyone we know wants to pay full shipping when bidding on many items

Did it make good sense for ebay to decide to set up auto pay as a default on everyone  ?

Do most buyers really like auto pay as a smoother more convenient payment system ?  Will more Buyers possibly be drawn to ebay as a result ?

With auto pay can sellers expect to receive buyer payments from ebay in a much sooner time ?

Are sellers paying fvf & not reporting dead beat buyers for non payment strikes ?

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Autopay is good, and bad

Question presented
With auto pay when I enter a bid, I am agreeing to pay the bid I entered for that item & the individual shipping charge specified for that item.

We're I to enter bids on multiple similar items & I contact the seller before doing so in ebay messages & my seller agrees to a combined shipping discount on multiple wins,  we also agree to the shipping cost for each additional item if I become the successful bidder.

However, Seller then fails to refund the excess shipping auto pay collected.

Will ebay step in if requested, enforce & refund the shipping overpayment , based upon the understanding between seller & buyer within ebay messages ?

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Autopay is good, and bad

Question presented
With auto pay when I enter a bid, I am agreeing to pay the bid I entered for that item & the individual shipping charge specified for that item.

We're I to enter bids on multiple similar items & I contact the seller before doing so in ebay messages & my seller agrees to a combined shipping discount on multiple wins,  we also agree to the shipping cost for each additional item if I become the successful bidder.

However, Seller then fails to refund the excess shipping auto pay collected.

Will ebay step in if requested, enforce & refund the shipping overpayment , based upon the understanding between seller & buyer within ebay messages ?

No ebay will not step in and enforce the agreed upon over payment. They will only enforce the contract formed when the buyer committed to buy or bid on an auction which included the stated shipping cost for the items.  

Even before Auto pay, ebay only enforced shipping costs stated on a listing.  Depending on how the listings are set up, a seller may not be able to issue a combined shipping invoice, even if they wanted to.

Ex: a buyer buys or wins several similar size/weight items, maybe listed with different colors or accessories,  that have;  Buy 1 pay $6.99 shipping. Each additional will add $1.00 to the original shipping cost.

They contact the seller before buying bidding on the items, who agrees to apply the discount to the other items bought or won.

Each different listing the buyer buys from, is then billed the original $6.99 price, and the discount cannot be invoiced.  If the seller refunds after the buyer pays, ebay does not credit the final value fee charged, that was automatically taken out of the shipping costs.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 15 of 30
latest reply