cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought an phone case from a seller. He put in a scam tracking. After 6 days says it is lost!

The seller emails me and tells me the item is lost.  I tried calling eBay to no avail.  I went through the help, but nothing is there that will stop the transaction and give me my money back.  The item isn't lost, he wants me to accept another color, which I won't do.  I have emailed him to cancel the order and refund my money.  eBay has really gone down hill.  Sellers can scam buyers now.  Not ever buying anything on eBay again. 

Change the channel!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: I bought an phone case from a seller. He put in a scam tracking. After 6 days says it is lost!

I have emailed him to cancel the order and refund my money.

@drusalina 

Likely that is what the seller wants to hear.  Now they can cancel the order as "buyer requested" which does not place a defect on their account for being out of stock. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: I bought an phone case from a seller. He put in a scam tracking. After 6 days says it is lost!

I'm buying it on Amazon.  Better customer service and I don't care if it costs more.  What SCAM eBay has become.  

Change the channel!
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

When you bought it, there was an estimated delivery date.  If it does not arrive by the last estimated date, you 30 days to file an Item Not Received claim with eBay.  Go to your Purchase History to start the process.  Read this for details:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I HAVE TO WAIT 3 DAYS FOR THE SELLER TO RESPOND!!!  What a scam this whole thing is.  I have to be angry and frustrated for 3 more days???  I have no way of getting my money back for 3 days!  SCAM SCAM SCAM~!!@!!!!!!!

Change the channel!
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

It still says the item is on its way, so I can't report it.  It was suppose to be delivered today 9/16.  I got the email  this morning.

Change the channel!
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:

It still says the item is on its way, so I can't report it.  It was suppose to be delivered today 9/16.  I got the email  this morning.

It being on the way won't stop a claim.  If you aren't past the estimated delivery date though it will.

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:

If today is past the last estimated delivery date, you can open the Item Not Received case, despite what the tracking says.  Just do not wait more than 30 days past the last estimated delivery date.

If today's date is still within the estimated delivery time, then you must wait to open the INR  until the last delivery date has come and gone.

And if you think Amazon returns are sometimes easier, that is true only if the item you buy is sold by Amazon.  If it's from a third-party seller, you will find things are not easy at all.  Trust me on that, as it is the voice of experience.  I now buy nothing on Amazon unless it is sold and shipped by Amazon.

-

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@drusalina wrote:

If today is past the last estimated delivery date, you can open the Item Not Received case, despite what the tracking says.  Just do not wait more than 30 days past the last estimated delivery date.

If today's date is still within the estimated delivery time, then you must wait to open the INR  until the last delivery date has come and gone.

And if you think Amazon returns are sometimes easier, that is true only if the item you buy is sold by Amazon.  If it's from a third-party seller, you will find things are not easy at all.  Trust me on that, as it is the voice of experience.  I now buy nothing on Amazon unless it is sold and shipped by Amazon.

-

That is definitely truth. I have had a time getting refunds from third party sellers.  Even with some shipped by amazon stuff lately if it comes in damaged or wrong they are now wanting me to either drive hour round trip to UPS or pay for pick up....if I wanted to drive hour round trip I'd shop in town. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:

I'm buying it on Amazon.  Better customer service and I don't care if it costs more.  What SCAM eBay has become.  

You have no idea how ironic this statement is, given the fact that I'm in the throes of trying to get a refund from an Amazon third-party seller for a package that's more than a week overdue and obviously lost in the bowels of USPS. And my package isn't just a phone case, it's a $600 camera that I need for an upcoming trip. All Amazon is doing is telling me to work with the seller.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Another reason why I HATE to buy online anymore.  I want to SEE IT, touch it and buy it in a physical store.  So tired of SCAMMERS! 

Change the channel!
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I'm never buying on eBay ever again! I'm being scammed by a seller who posted an item for sale he didn't have. Gave me a scam UPS tracking number. Then after 6 days emails me and tells me it is lost. Wants me to choose another color. I emailed him back and told him to cancel and refund my money. eBay has become a big SCAM machine! Letting sellers with thousands of feedback sell and have 100's of negative reviews, then closes that account and starts another one, shouldn't be allowed to sell on any site ever again. NO WAY TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON. THEIR AUTOMATED HELP SUCKS! EBAY IS ONE BIG SCAM.

I have requested a refund.  Now I have to wait 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!  What a scam!!!!!  I bought the same item on another site.  I will never buy on eBay again!!! FRUSTRATION AND ANGER Is not what I want to ever encounter again, so I will never buy on eBay again. 

Change the channel!
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@drusalina wrote:

I have requested a refund.  Now I have to wait 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!  What a scam!!!!!  I bought the same item on another site. 

I will never buy on eBay again!!! FRUSTRATION AND ANGER Is not what I want to ever encounter again, so I will never buy on eBay again. 

Sadly you might get your wish, the way things are going on eBay now. 

@jaho_148476 wrote HERE:

My friend opened an item not received case, which is the request ID he shared with me. Unfortunately, Bestbuy never responded to his case.

He waited for 12 days until he reached out to eBay. Ebay suspended his account after that reach out, which is very upsetting.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

FRUSTRATION AND ANGER Is not what I want to ever encounter again, so I will never buy on eBay again.

@drusalina 

Good luck to not encountering frustration and anger again. Wise decision ^^^ to keep it from happening here. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply