cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having a issue with a seller refusing to cancel an order

I am having trouble with a seller. I asked them to cancel my ordered because the shipping was 1 month. I didn’t want to wait that long. They said got it and still haven’t cancel the item and it’s been 2 days. Should I just wait for the item to expire and earn a strike for something that’s not my fault? 

IMG_0187.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I am having a issue with a seller refusing to cancel an order

Depending on the return policy, the seller doesn't have to accept returns on the item, however they should have some leniency on how they handle their orders in general

I know its not the best answer to hear, and yes I agree that the seller should cancel the order

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I haven’t paid for the item though 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@whattheactualfox 

earn a strike?

Strike for? 

Who's fault is this situation? Seems that you were the one that made the offer.

That aside. If you have not paid, and the seller is not cancelling you can just not pay, and possibly get a Non-payment strike. One strike will not be a problem. Having 2 in a year can cause you to be blocked by some sellers.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Oh, support said they will remove it for me. I shouldn’t have been so impulsive. I guess it was my fault. I’m sorry.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ebay views a buyer cancellation as being a request & not a right

Hopefully this seller may help you avoid a item strike for non payment 

In future always check for a estimated date for delivery before making a purchase to avoid a similar situation.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I will for now on! It was my fault for being so impulsive. Thank you! 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Over a month for delivery probably means the supplier (if not the seller) is overseas.

English may not be the first language.

If you don't pay, after four days you will get a Strike against your buying account.

No biggie if you don't get another in the next year, but if you already have one or if you get another you will find your choices greatly restricted here.

If you did pay, you will have to wait until the last estimated date for delivery passes, then open a Buyer's Remorse claim to get your money back, and if the seller wants the item back, also pay for the return.

All of which goes to say, Read. The. Whole. Description.

Put "possibles" on your Watch List.

Use the Watch List to make comparisons.

Oh, support said they will remove it for me.

flying pig.jpg

The phone clerks are notorious for telling you what you want to hear, so they can get you off the phone and get back to filling their daily quota of calls.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Piggybacking on @femmefan1946 's answer here (no pun intended)

(https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374)

Buyers must pay for the items they win or buy on eBay within 4 calendar days of committing to buy. A seller can cancel your order if you do not pay within 4 calendar days of winning an auction or buying using Buy It Now. Buyers who have excessive unpaid items or canceled orders may have limits imposed on their account, or lose their buying privileges.

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply