cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Will NEVER Buy from Ebay Again!!!

FIRST TIME BUYER ON EBAY - A seller sold me a broken laptop that arrived in a beat up box. I sent message after message over the 3 day period and all I got was a reply stating that they have not got my messages (huh? what did you reply to?). I asked them to refund the item and to send me a shipping label. Instead, they sent me a message giving me a week to return it with my own money and that if it didn't arrive I would lose my refund. They have 969 positive reviews and I DO NOT believe their positive reviews are legit. I am convinced they used a BOT. On top of that, it took me 1 HOUR to find a way to contact a human on Ebay. I literally found an IM window by accident that gave me an option for them to call me. Unbelievable.

With Amazon, its 3 clicks and a quick trip to UPS for free return shipping. With Ebay? 4 days of hell, an hour trying to get ahold of them, having to wait more days after the phone call because they want additional time for the seller to get ahold of me (at the time of the phone call we were going on 4 days of trying to get ahold of the seller). I was left with waiting 2 more days and to then track Ebay down again to request a return label and refund.

All and all we are talking about 2 weeks before all is said and done due to a company literally ripping me off with a broken computer and refusing to talk to me and leaving me with the shipping with a warning that the refund may not happen unless they receive it by a certain time . . . ya right. BYE BYE EBAY . . . HELLO AMAZON!!!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: I Will NEVER Buy from Ebay Again!!!

You do not need to contact a real person.  Yes, it's automated, which is a good thing.

Have you not ever read the Money Back Guarantee for buyers?

When you receive an item that's not as described, you have 30 days to open an item not as described case with eBay. All you have to do is follow the prompts.  The seller is required to send you a prepaid shipping label, or to reimburse you in advance for the cost of return shipping.  When the item is received back, you will be refunded.

You have been here since 2001 and have726 feedback.  Have you never ever read or used the MBG?  

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: I Will NEVER Buy from Ebay Again!!!

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply