cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report a bogus seller

How do we report a seller who constantly scams people.  I bought something from them without checking their feedback because I trusted Ebay not to allow scammers (silly me) .  After I didn't receive the item, I checked the feedback and learned that this person always scams people.  I'm following Ebay's process to get a refund but they are not doing anything to get rid of this person.

During my investigation, I called UPS.  They said that the tracking number that was supplied is not the one associated with my purchase.   They have done this many times.  Why hasn't Ebay done anything about it?  In order for me to get my refund I have to file a police report against them (which I will do) but why hasn't Ebay done anything about this since this is not the first time this has happened?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How to report a bogus seller

I'm not sure why you would assume that eBay would recognize scam artists and automatically block them.  That doesn't seem like such a wise move on your part.  Especially for an eBay seller.

You, of course, need to follow through with your dispute and if that requires you to file a police report, so be it.  However, I'm not totally convinced that your investigation is actually going to lead to any action taken against the seller unless you followed precise chain of evidence protocols should your case end up in court after the police act on your report.  Alas!  Too often police reports only receive cursory investigation.

Good luck.  While you are certainly free to report your suspicions to eBay, you should be aware that eBay never advises any action taken against a member citing privacy reasons.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 2
latest reply