cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Leave Feedback For Seller Who Issued Refund?

I purchased an item for $75. The first words in the listing were "IN STOCK!" (caps are sellers). Four days later, the seller refunded my payment, saying the item was "out of stock or damaged".

Except it wasn't; he was still selling it - except now it was $110.

The seller never communicated with me, and I think this transaction deserves feedback.

However, the feedback option does not seem to be available to me. In the dropdown menu "more actions" from my "purchases" page, and there's no feedback link on the listing page.

Anyone have a suggestion on where to find a feedback link for this transaction? Or is eBay automatically absolving bad sellers who issue refunds pre-emptively?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How To Leave Feedback For Seller Who Issued Refund?

I think, even though it was canceled, you need to wait until after the delivery date to leave feedback.  I had this happen to me. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

When the seller cancelled as Out of Stock, he got a Defect on his selling account.

Defects lead to higher fees, restrictions on the number and value of listings, and possibly a  closed account.

It is barely possible that when he received your order he was out of stock, then got more stock in later that day after the cancellation. Maybe. I doubt it too.

So he didn't go unpunished.

And since eBay doesn't use feedback to assess member accounts, leaving feedback would have no effect on his ability to sell.

But cancelling your order did.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Items needing feedback has recently changed. In your purchase history you will see a group of buttons going across horizontally. Scroll through them to find Ready For Feedback. Click Ready to Leave Feedback transactions waiting for feedback will be shown.45B5E2A7-9ADF-4B23-98C5-D272EA90775D.jpeg

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ahh, so I probably have to wait until the delivery estimate has passed - I think this guy had a long-ish handling time built-in, so that would make sense.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for this, but the feedback option is still not available using this method. I think my hang-up is it's still within the delivery estimate.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply