cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Seller sent threatening note over disputed item

Help! I am disputing a purchase, the first one in over 20 years..., and the seller just sent me a threatening note. I do not feel safe and would like to report this to Ebay. I cannot find where I can speak to an actual person about this very serious situation. What can I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help! Seller sent threatening note over disputed item

You can report the seller here

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. I was finally able to talk to a customer service rep. She agreed the note was threatening and repot the seller to their safety and security. Not sure what action will be taken, but I feel better about that. I should have contacted them first as I did not know I could return the item thru eBay. I opened a PayPal claim which will probably only delay the situation. I agree on 2024, but this was not a good start! Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@70barracuda,

Most "threatening messages" are just air, especially those saying you will be reported to ebay so that you get kicked off the site.  Unless a seller actually threatens harm to you or your family the report you sent will at most result in the seller being told not to do that again.

If all you have done was request a return for some reason, use the more actions button in your purchase history and file the appropriate dispute.  If you did that, then the seller likely messaged you through ebay's regular messages, not in the dispute console that shows up on your summary page, because they knew doing that would cause them to be sanctioned.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply