cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heels damaged on item I ordered. I am out of country cannot return. Need an adjustment .

I purchased a pair of heels and the heels have nicks in them. I am willing to replace the heels and have asked the seller for a price adjustment. I am out  of the country presently and cannot return to return the heels. The seller has not even given me the courtesy of a reply for an adjustment. He just said send them back, all the while knowing I am unable to return. What can I do? I have filed a resolution. eBay says send them back. There is no place to explain to eBay that I cannot and simply want an adjustment which is fair and reasonable. Is there a link I can contact eBay for this? Kindly advise. Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Heels damaged on item I ordered. I am out of country cannot return. Need an adjustment .

You being out of the country doesn’t circumvent the protocol for returns. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No; doesn't work like that. If people just 'wanted to get $$ back' they would just say "I can't return" for numerous reasons. 

Sellers are NOT required to:

pay for repairs

give partial refund

respond to messages

The seller told you your options, which are 2

Keep em and deal with it

Return for a refund (which again, 'give me money back' feels like a 'shakedown' to many sellers, so they are ONLY required to 'require you' to return for refund. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@cremeusa 

Did you not inspect them when they were delivered and before you went out of the country?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Usually when I get a package I look at contents immediately if there is something wrong with the item.

I agree with seller....return shoes for a refund. Seller does not have to reply for an adjustment on your behalf.

You can open a claim and return the item. It's not the fault of a seller that you have a busy schedule...not looking at what you bought and you are currently out of town. You have 30 days to ask for a refund.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You being out of the country doesn’t circumvent the protocol for returns. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

OK....I understand. I opened the package literally on my way out the door. Sorry there is not more compassion in the eBay community for buyer. I prefer to not spend anymore time on this. It makes me very sad to know how the world of eBay has become. We as sellers should always try to work with a buyer who may be dissatisfied. Lesson has been learned: I will ask the seller to send more photos of the heels when buying shoes. Thank you for your time and enlightenment. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Champagne problems 🙂

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

How are you able to ship out the items you currently have listed?

I am getting delivery dates no later that October 25th.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Assuming you're in Canada since that's where your current listings are shipping from @cremeusa ?

Why can you not ship the shoes from Canada back to the seller? True you'd have to pay for return shipping if you can't use the seller's domestic return label, but if the value of the shoes is high then that should be do-able. And if the value of the shoes is low, is it worth the hassle? It's a risk buyers take when they purchase items close to a departure - items damaged, items caught in shipping delays, etc.

I've been in the situation myself where I had packages coming in shortly before I was gone for an extended period and one item arrived damaged which I just sucked up and moved on. If I want to utilize a company's return policy then I have to follow their rules, and since I wasn't able to ship back I didn't expect that company to refund me. While your seller may be at fault for not disclosing flaws, they are following their returns policy set through eBay. It's not an ideal situation, but it's reality.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I have gone on...I have no more time  to spend on this subject. I appreciate you time and words. Best regards! 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@cremeusa wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I have gone on...

We say move on. Gone on is to euphemize misuse of the facilities.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I have. Thank you for your time.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply