cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having troubles with a seller, need some advice

Hi there, I'm in a predicament that I haven't been in before as a buyer, I had been watching an item for awhile and had read the description for it properly, and about a week later the price was dropped. I went ahead and bought it and looked closer about 2 hours later and they had changed the description to say that the item was broken and had added one new picture with the said item broken. I contacted the seller and asked if they would cancel and refund and they replied that they would, however they have been ghosting me ever since and it hasn't been cancelled.

What would be the best option to go with? Should I contact CS on the phone after the last delivery date passes, or something else?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can't call customer service call center is closed 

For now wait 4 delivery date 2 pass and if it doesn't show' file item not received' claim. 

if it shows and item is broken file' item not as described' or ' arrived damaged' claim in resolution center for a refund

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Once an item is sold I don't believe a seller can change anything in the description. The item should show when the last updated. Date and time.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I never said the description changed after I purchased it, I said it was changed from when I originally watched it and before I bought it, and the mobile app doesn't show that, which is where I bought it on

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@snowvsakura,

"I had been watching an item for awhile ... I went ahead and bought it and looked closer about 2 hours later and they had changed the description to say that the item was broken and had added one new picture with the said item broken."

Once you commit to buy a seller cannot change a description or add photos. Had you placed the item in your watch list, or in the Cart?  If it was in the cart the seller may have changed the description and added the photo, while you were considering the purchase, but the changes would not show up. Did you notice the change after it was in your purchase history?

"I contacted the seller and asked if they would cancel and refund and they replied that they would, however they have been ghosting me ever since and it hasn't been cancelled."

The seller may not know how to cancel the transaction. If this was the seller's first sale or the first one in over a year, they have run into PayPal's 21 day payment hold.  On their Paypal account the payment status shows as Pending, and they probably have no idea that the payment is there.   If the seller does have experience and recent transactions, they may be wrestling with the fact that they are going to be charged Paypal's fees when they refund you.  That will be 2.9% of the total payment + .30 cents. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@snowvsakura wrote:

I never said the description changed after I purchased it, I said it was changed from when I originally watched it and before I bought it, and the mobile app doesn't show that, which is where I bought it on

@snowvsakura,

I saw that reply after posting my reply.  I too thought you had looked at the listing just before buying.  Since you paid then sent a cancellation request, the seller will still be stuck with losing the fees, and that may be the hold up.  You may need to message them again telling them that you understand they will lose the PayPal fees and expect them to be deducted from the refund.

If you file an INR dispute you may lose it because of the cancellation request.  If it was shipped (not every seller uses tracking)  and you want to return it, you will have to pay the return postage, since this would be a buyer's remorse return.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Good luck!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply